UC Hastings OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Best Best & Krieger CB

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

jschille wrote:Best Best & Krieger CB

yay. I'm happy you're getting some more CBs. How did your first one go?

also, post oci party tonight. wohoo.

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:34 pm

~oaklandish~ wrote:For everybody who has one or more CBs scheduled already, how many screener interviews did you go to?

I'm trying to measure my level of fail here.


I've only had one so far and it was a morning/lunch thing.

Met 7 people in 4 different groups.
9:30 - Associate + Sr. Associate
10:00 - Associate + Partner
10:30 - Associate + Partner
11:00 - Hiring Partner
11:45 - Lunch

Don't worry about meeting all the people. Everyone is going to be very nice to you as they are trying to sell themselves to you too. Be yourself and have some fun.

Good luck!

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:35 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Best Best & Krieger CB

yay. I'm happy you're getting some more CBs. How did your first one go?

also, post oci party tonight. wohoo.


Ya, me too! I think it really well... Probably impossible to tell though. They said they would be "in touch soon."

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:36 pm

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Best Best & Krieger CB

yay. I'm happy you're getting some more CBs. How did your first one go?

also, post oci party tonight. wohoo.


Ya, me too! I think it really well... Probably impossible to tell though. They said they would be "in touch soon."

I was told soon too - then found out soon meant September. Haha. I think we have different definitions of soon.

Are you in the 2014 facebook group?

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:56 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Best Best & Krieger CB

yay. I'm happy you're getting some more CBs. How did your first one go?

also, post oci party tonight. wohoo.


Ya, me too! I think it really well... Probably impossible to tell though. They said they would be "in touch soon."

I was told soon too - then found out soon meant September. Haha. I think we have different definitions of soon.

Are you in the 2014 facebook group?


I am not! How do I get in?

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby DildaMan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Ding from OMM SF CB. :(

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 pm

DildaMan wrote:Ding from OMM SF CB. :(

I'm sorry :( :( :( I'll buy you a shot tonight.

User avatar
OneMoreLawHopeful
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby OneMoreLawHopeful » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:51 pm

~oaklandish~ wrote:For everybody who has one or more CBs scheduled already, how many screener interviews did you go to?

I'm trying to measure my level of fail here.


I had 19 screeners, and so far I have 6 CBs and 3 dings. 5 of my screeners were either earlier this week or Friday of last week, so I'm hoping I'm still in the running for at least some of those. The others...well, who knows?

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Paul Hastings E-Mail Ding.

UCHastings2014
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby UCHastings2014 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Are any of you doubling up on CBs, i.e. doing one in the morning and another in the afternoon?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 pm

white & case e-mail ding. font in comic sans ms, lol. That concludes all of my dings from my open slot pick ups, so not a surprise. I'm not sure why picking up interviews is really an option in pre-select, because it's pretty obvious they don't want you if they don't choose you.

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby DildaMan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:35 pm

ilovesf wrote:white & case e-mail ding. font in comic sans ms, lol. That concludes all of my dings from my open slot pick ups, so not a surprise. I'm not sure why picking up interviews is really an option in pre-select, because it's pretty obvious they don't want you if they don't choose you.


Haha same. The font and color threw me off.

User avatar
reasonable troll
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby reasonable troll » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:04 pm

You guysssss today's firm was so great at the callback. If they ding me i will die/flail on the beach for at least 3 days
Last edited by reasonable troll on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 pm

reasonable troll wrote:You guysssss today's firm was so great at the callback. If they dang me i will die/flail on the beach for at least 3 days

Yay :) That's how I feel about one of my cbs too. I don't want to get too excited though because I'm so scared of the ding. I'm going to drink my face off tonight to distract myself.

User avatar
reasonable troll
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby reasonable troll » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

ilovesf wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:You guysssss today's firm was so great at the callback. If they dang me i will die/flail on the beach for at least 3 days

Yay :) That's how I feel about one of my cbs too. I don't want to get too excited though because I'm so scared of the ding. I'm going to drink my face off tonight to distract myself.


Awesome. I will know who you are based on the extent of your hangover at hlj orientation tomorrow ;)

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

reasonable troll wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:You guysssss today's firm was so great at the callback. If they dang me i will die/flail on the beach for at least 3 days

Yay :) That's how I feel about one of my cbs too. I don't want to get too excited though because I'm so scared of the ding. I'm going to drink my face off tonight to distract myself.


Awesome. I will know who you are based on the extent of your hangover at hlj orientation tomorrow ;)

Hahaha, I am so not looking forward to that. At least it only starts at 11:45 so I have plenty of time to sleep it off.

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 am

ilovesf wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:You guysssss today's firm was so great at the callback. If they dang me i will die/flail on the beach for at least 3 days

Yay :) That's how I feel about one of my cbs too. I don't want to get too excited though because I'm so scared of the ding. I'm going to drink my face off tonight to distract myself.


Same feeling. =/
I get the idea that firms are really good at selling themselves.

Edit: Also got the White & Case ding. They are missing out, no question.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:33 am

do you guys know how long it usually takes after the cb's to hear back on whether you got either an offer or ding?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:11 am

Lasers wrote:do you guys know how long it usually takes after the cb's to hear back on whether you got either an offer or ding?

They told me three weeks
!!!! :(

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 am

ilovesf wrote:
DildaMan wrote:Ding from OMM SF CB. :(

I'm sorry :( :( :( I'll buy you a shot tonight.

were ou there? i didn't see you. our section had a pretty good showing, aside from the shit ton of 1Ls there.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:39 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:do you guys know how long it usually takes after the cb's to hear back on whether you got either an offer or ding?

They told me three weeks
!!!! :(

holy shit. damn.

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Lasers wrote:do you guys know how long it usually takes after the cb's to hear back on whether you got either an offer or ding?


Had it yesterday, and they said they would try to let me know by this coming Tuesday. Doubtful.

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby DildaMan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:58 pm

ilovesf wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
DildaMan wrote:Ding from OMM SF CB. :(

I'm sorry :( :( :( I'll buy you a shot tonight.

were ou there? i didn't see you. our section had a pretty good showing, aside from the shit ton of 1Ls there.


Hey,

Nah didn't make it last night. Had a CurryUpNow burrito and it wrecked me haha.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11777
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 pm

jschille wrote:
Lasers wrote:do you guys know how long it usually takes after the cb's to hear back on whether you got either an offer or ding?


Had it yesterday, and they said they would try to let me know by this coming Tuesday. Doubtful.

ahh, that's so soon! Good luck!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.