UC Hastings OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ilovesf

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Skadden interviewers were so nice

OneMoreLawHopeful

Postby OneMoreLawHopeful » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 pm

The guy from Latham San Francisco was really fun, which surprised me. I always thought they had a reputation for being more serious, but he was great.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:26 pm

OneMoreLawHopeful wrote:The guy from Latham San Francisco was really fun, which surprised me. I always thought they had a reputation for being more serious, but he was great.

The other one was more serious

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 pm

So which firms do we know of at this point that have made CB offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So which firms do we know of at this point that have made CB offers?

Dla piper and omm sf is all I know so far

jschille

Postby jschille » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 am

Question:

Maybe it has just been my interviewers, but all of my interviews have been super informal... Only have been talking about food, sports, towns in SF, etc... I feel I am partly to blame for this because I encourage the questions and respond with respond with informal questions, but should I be keeping it informal as opposed to a more "serious" interview?

Not one person has asked about my clerkships or my grades. Is this normal? Bad sign?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 am

jschille wrote:Question:

Maybe it has just been my interviewers, but all of my interviews have been super informal... Only have been talking about food, sports, towns in SF, etc... I feel I am partly to blame for this because I encourage the questions and respond with respond with informal questions, but should I be keeping it informal as opposed to a more "serious" interview?

Not one person has asked about my clerkships or my grades. Is this normal? Bad sign?

Only 2 of my interviews have mentioned my grades and it was just to say off-hand that I did well in the class I cali'd. I don't think they will mention it. A lot of my interviews have been pretty casual and informal. A couple have been really formal - like Fenwick. Bingham had a set of behavioral questions he had to ask. It just depends on the interview. Don't worry if it seems really casual. That could be a good thing actually.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:36 am

ilovesf wrote:

Only 2 of my interviews have mentioned my grades and it was just to say off-hand that I did well in the class I cali'd. I don't think they will mention it. A lot of my interviews have been pretty casual and informal. A couple have been really formal - like Fenwick. Bingham had a set of behavioral questions he had to ask. It just depends on the interview. Don't worry if it seems really casual. That could be a good thing actually.

My CBs came from pretty informal conversations. You really just need to cater to the audience. The questions they are required to ask are usually given to them by their firms. They will get those questions out of the way at the beginning or the end of the interview.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:38 am

DildaMan wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

My CBs came from pretty informal conversations. You really just need to cater to the audience. The questions they are required to ask are usually given to them by their firms. They will get those questions out of the way at the beginning or the end of the interview.

where's your other cb?

jschille

Postby jschille » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:54 am

ilovesf wrote:

Was your CB from an informal or formal? Is everyone else e-mailing their interviewer to thank them for the interview? Same evening of the interview or next day?

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:54 am

ilovesf wrote:
DildaMan wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

where's your other cb?

Kenyon. IP boutique I think.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 am

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Was your CB from an informal or formal? Is everyone else e-mailing their interviewer to thank them for the interview? Same evening of the interview or next day?

Both were from rather informal interviews. One interview was about the Apple v Samsung case. Another was about moot court and game of thrones lol.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 am

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

one formal(ish) and one informal

I haven't e-mailed anyone to thank them (except where I got cb's)

jschille

Postby jschille » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 am

How soon do CB's happen? Will they also let you know that you aren't getting a CB?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 am

jschille wrote:How soon do CB's happen? Will they also let you know that you aren't getting a CB?

I think they happen quickly. I scheduled mine for early next week. They wanted to do it this week but I can't because I'm finishing up at work and have A LOT to do there and I think my judge would kill me.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 am

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

one formal(ish) and one informal

Congrats! Where is the second one?
I haven't e-mailed anyone to thank them (except where I got cb's)

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 am

DildaMan wrote:Congrats! Where is the second one?

pm'd

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:11 am

ilovesf wrote:

pm'd

YOU BALLER! :D

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 am

DildaMan wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

pm'd

YOU BALLER! :D

:lol:

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:17 am

I'm really curious to see how my open slot pick ups turn out

jschille

Postby jschille » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:28 am

Hmm.. Maybe I should ask in another way.

If you get a CB, how soon do you hear after the interview?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 am

jschille wrote:Hmm.. Maybe I should ask in another way.

Oh, sorry! Both of mine were from Monday interviews. I heard Monday night at 6:30 and today ~ 2:30.

jschille

Postby jschille » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:41 am

ilovesf wrote:

Oh, sorry! Both of mine were from Monday interviews. I heard Monday night at 6:30 and today ~ 2:30.

You are on fire. You go 2 for 4?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:43 am

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

You are on fire. You go 2 for 4?

For Monday but haven't heard back from yesterday or today, and I had a lot more interviews then. I don't think I'll get any CB's from my interviews today. Most of my interviews were open slot pick ups and I don't feel that great about how they went.

jschille

Postby jschille » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 am

Any other good questions you were asked today?

Return to “Legal Employment”