UC Hastings OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 pm


lol what is this

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby DildaMan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't know, but its very catchy.

Do the dance straight into your interview.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 pm

DildaMan wrote:I don't know, but its very catchy.

Do the dance straight into your interview.

my go to pump up song is a 49ers song "niners in paris"

/lame

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby DildaMan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Any hospitality suites? :P My interview is late in the day.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

First interview down- no idea how it went! It was very question and answery

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Anyone care to share some questions they were asked during their interviews today?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:19 pm

jschille wrote:Anyone care to share some questions they were asked during their interviews today?

What was the most complex legal question you were faced with this summer

What was your least favorite class

Can you tell me what you wrote about in lwr

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:24 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Anyone care to share some questions they were asked during their interviews today?

What was the most complex legal question you were faced with this summer

What was your least favorite class

Can you tell me what you wrote about in lwr


Oo. Those are some good ones. Thank you!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:59 pm

my first interview - they asked me about my interest in a specific genre of literature ( i had it written under hobbies) and we spent 10 minutes talking about books, then started talking about the olympics..... it was completely not what i expected it to be.

so yeah. there's that.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:my first interview - they asked me about my interest in a specific genre of literature ( i had it written under hobbies) and we spent 10 minutes talking about books, then started talking about the olympics..... it was completely not what i expected it to be.

so yeah. there's that.

No one has freakin asked me about my hobbies yet :(

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Hobbies aren't even listed on my resume... Worth adding?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

jschille wrote:Hobbies aren't even listed on my resume... Worth adding?

If you have an extra line yeah. I heard they are great ice breakers

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby kapital98 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

My interviews were pretty casual.

I mentioned transferring to one of the interviewers and, suprise!, he transferred too. That took up easily 5 minutes of the interview. It got to the point where I tried to steer clear of the transfer question and towards my resume/skills.

I then bombed that interview by saying the Arizona Diamondbacks play a few blocks away from their Denver office. This was right after saying how much I love Denver. They quickly corrected me. It was the last question and final impression on them :x

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Do you find most interviews lastings the 20 minutes? I have a few back to backs with 20 minute breaks in between. Would hate to be late...

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm

jschille wrote:Do you find most interviews lastings the 20 minutes? I have a few back to backs with 20 minute breaks in between. Would hate to be late...

20 minutes in between is fine, don't worry. Most interviews seem to take the 20 minutes, or over. A lot of people have been knocking on doors to indicate it's their turn.

jschille
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby jschille » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Do you find most interviews lastings the 20 minutes? I have a few back to backs with 20 minute breaks in between. Would hate to be late...

20 minutes in between is fine, don't worry. Most interviews seem to take the 20 minutes, or over. A lot of people have been knocking on doors to indicate it's their turn.


Eh, I don't think I have the balls to knock on the door. Is that protocol though?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Do you find most interviews lastings the 20 minutes? I have a few back to backs with 20 minute breaks in between. Would hate to be late...

20 minutes in between is fine, don't worry. Most interviews seem to take the 20 minutes, or over. A lot of people have been knocking on doors to indicate it's their turn.


Eh, I don't think I have the balls to knock on the door. Is that protocol though?

Seems to be if its +5 minutes over. I haven't done it yet but I've seen others do it.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:17 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:Do you find most interviews lastings the 20 minutes? I have a few back to backs with 20 minute breaks in between. Would hate to be late...

20 minutes in between is fine, don't worry. Most interviews seem to take the 20 minutes, or over. A lot of people have been knocking on doors to indicate it's their turn.


Eh, I don't think I have the balls to knock on the door. Is that protocol though?

Seems to be if its +5 minutes over. I haven't done it yet but I've seen others do it.

seriously?

i knock on the door immediately when the clock strikes my interview time. :o

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 pm

kapital98 wrote:I then bombed that interview by saying the Arizona Diamondbacks play a few blocks away from their Denver office. This was right after saying how much I love Denver. They quickly corrected me. It was the last question and final impression on them :x


haha, that's pretty hilarious... :lol:

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Lasers wrote:seriously?

i knock on the door immediately when the clock strikes my interview time. :o

Yeah, I don't know. All of my interviews have been really punctual so far.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:24 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:seriously?

i knock on the door immediately when the clock strikes my interview time. :o

Yeah, I don't know. All of my interviews have been really punctual so far.

at usc, for one of the interviews, i knocked on the door and waited 7 minutes...i was annoyed at first, but my interview went over by 10 minutes, so i guess it just depends on the interviewer.

ugh, the usc/ucla OCI thread isn't as fun as this one. :(

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:seriously?

i knock on the door immediately when the clock strikes my interview time. :o

Yeah, I don't know. All of my interviews have been really punctual so far.

at usc, for one of the interviews, i knocked on the door and waited 7 minutes...i was annoyed at first, but my interview went over by 10 minutes, so i guess it just depends on the interviewer.

ugh, the usc/ucla OCI thread isn't as fun as this one. :(

Shouldn't have transferred :P
How did your interviews go? Are you applying to LA or SF firms?

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:30 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:seriously?

i knock on the door immediately when the clock strikes my interview time. :o

Yeah, I don't know. All of my interviews have been really punctual so far.

at usc, for one of the interviews, i knocked on the door and waited 7 minutes...i was annoyed at first, but my interview went over by 10 minutes, so i guess it just depends on the interviewer.

ugh, the usc/ucla OCI thread isn't as fun as this one. :(

Shouldn't have transferred :P
How did your interviews go? Are you applying to LA or SF firms?

socal, mostly, since they have such a strong presence there.

interviews went ok. one of the partners at one of the firms i interviewed with today straight up told me: "i can tell you're going to get several offers." i was feeling good, and then i realized that's code for "i'm rejecting you right now, but don't worry, i think some other chump might throw you a bone."

striking out at OCI is inevitable.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Lasers wrote:socal, mostly, since they have such a strong presence there.

interviews went ok. one of the partners at one of the firms i interviewed with today straight up told me: "i can tell you're going to get several offers." i was feeling good, and then i realized that's code for "i'm rejecting you right now, but don't worry, i think some other chump might throw you a bone."

striking out at OCI is inevitable.

I feel like that's a really weird thing to say to someone. I mean if he feels that way, why the fuck is he going to reject you? I hate that I can feel really good about the interview right after, but then I realize everyone else probably feels good about it too, but only like 2 of us will get CBs. :|

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby Lasers » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:socal, mostly, since they have such a strong presence there.

interviews went ok. one of the partners at one of the firms i interviewed with today straight up told me: "i can tell you're going to get several offers." i was feeling good, and then i realized that's code for "i'm rejecting you right now, but don't worry, i think some other chump might throw you a bone."

striking out at OCI is inevitable.

I feel like that's a really weird thing to say to someone. I mean if he feels that way, why the fuck is he going to reject you? I hate that I can feel really good about the interview right after, but then I realize everyone else probably feels good about it too, but only like 2 of us will get CBs. :|

ya, seriously. it sucks.

we'll see if i get a callback from that firm.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.