UC Hastings OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ilovesf

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I have a question: I see that people are dropping interviews that are on Monday. Isn't that against the rules? If I have an interview Wednesday, I have to drop it before 5pm Monday, right?

48 hours in advance or you break some rule, I thought

the e-mail says "You must cancel an interview as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 PM TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS before the interview."
Maybe I'm really stupid, but I think that means 5pm Monday for Wednesday cancellation.. but it could mean 5pm Friday evening?

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:31 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I have a question: I see that people are dropping interviews that are on Monday. Isn't that against the rules? If I have an interview Wednesday, I have to drop it before 5pm Monday, right?

48 hours in advance or you break some rule, I thought

the e-mail says "You must cancel an interview as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 PM TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS before the interview."
Maybe I'm really stupid, but I think that means 5pm Monday for Wednesday cancellation.. but it could mean 5pm Friday evening?

Ya... the "business days" is throwing me off a bit. I'm guessing its just 48 hours in advance. I just dropped two interviews on the 7th fyi.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:55 pm

jschille wrote:That Covington spot still out there?

Sorry gone. :(

I have Simpson Thacher left.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Does the system allow trading slots for different firms or are you guys trading interviews w/ different firms by setting times that you'll each drop your respective slots then signing up for the newly opened slot? If so that would be clever.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Borhas wrote:Does the system allow trading slots for different firms or are you guys trading interviews w/ different firms by setting times that you'll each drop your respective slots then signing up for the newly opened slot? If so that would be clever.

The latter. You can only switch times through the career office for the same firm.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm

jschille wrote:
Ya... the "business days" is throwing me off a bit. I'm guessing its just 48 hours in advance. I just dropped two interviews on the 7th fyi.

Hey jschille, just noticed you're a transfer. welcome to hastings! not sure if you've found it yet, but we also have a class of 2014 thread if you have any q's.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=155644

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:

Hey jschille, just noticed you're a transfer. welcome to hastings! not sure if you've found it yet, but we also have a class of 2014 thread if you have any q's.
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 8&t=155644

Awesome, I'll be sure to join the thread. Thank you! I'm looking forward to moving to San Fran and hopefully getting an offer from one of these interviews...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 pm

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=155644

Awesome, I'll be sure to join the thread. Thank you! I'm looking forward to moving to San Fran and hopefully getting an offer from one of these interviews...

Sounds like you got a good amount of interviews. Are you shooting for the bay area or socal?

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:

Sounds like you got a good amount of interviews. Are you shooting for the bay area or socal?

Got 11 out of 37... average? 7 SD firms and 4 in SF. Was definitely aiming for SD firms and am definitely hoping to get back to SD after graduation.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:07 pm

jschille wrote:
Got 11 out of 37... average? 7 SD firms and 4 in SF. Was definitely aiming for SD firms and am definitely hoping to get back to SD after graduation.

Pretty good. I have no idea what average is for OCI whatsoever. Have you started mass mailing firms in SD too? I would def get on that too.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Did you already have Latham? I think there was someone dropping their interview. I also saw Fish open a few days ago.

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 pm

ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:

Pretty good. I have no idea what average is for OCI whatsoever. Have you started mass mailing firms in SD too? I would def get on that too.

Ya, need to get on those mailings as well. Just crazy down here trying to pack up my life and move. Hopefully once I get to SF and interviews are done I can get on that.

Got Fish, no Latham though... Would like Latham if I could get late in the day. :)

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:17 pm

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
jschille wrote:

Ya, need to get on those mailings as well. Just crazy down here trying to pack up my life and move. Hopefully once I get to SF and interviews are done I can get on that.

Got Fish, no Latham though... Would like Latham if I could get late in the day. :)

I have latham late in the day. I might have to drop it if I can't switch slots.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Still looking/hoping for Fenwick :P

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:20 pm

DildaMan wrote:Still looking/hoping for Fenwick :P

I think it's too late because it's Monday. You can't actually cancel those interviews anymore on the site. I guess you just have to try to crash?

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Crashing Mofo :x ... maybe Fenwick too?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:24 pm

DildaMan wrote:Crashing Mofo :x ... maybe Fenwick too?

Did your interview actually get cancelled? This actually would make me want to stay away from Mofo. I mean they cancelled OCI interviews at UCH, USC, and at a t-14. I mean, that's not a good sign.

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:37 pm

ilovesf wrote:I have latham late in the day. I might have to drop it if I can't switch slots.

Would love to snag your Latham if you decide to drop it. I have a Goodwin Procter at 4:00, hope it isn't the same time. =/

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm

ilovesf wrote:Pretty good. I have no idea what average is for OCI whatsoever. Have you started mass mailing firms in SD too? I would def get on that too.

Do you physically mail your resume/transcript or just e-mail it to them? Do they prefer one way over the other? And do you write CL's for all of them -- that sounds awful.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 pm

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Pretty good. I have no idea what average is for OCI whatsoever. Have you started mass mailing firms in SD too? I would def get on that too.

Do you physically mail your resume/transcript or just e-mail it to them? Do they prefer one way over the other? And do you write CL's for all of them -- that sounds awful.

You go to their website and check it out. Some of them have forms to fill out online, and the most part will have you e-mail your resume and transcript to the recruiter. I wrote CL's for some, but it wasn't very specific. For the ones with an online form, I didn't write a CL. I've only done ~15-20 so far. I was going to do more, but got distracted by OCI. We have a pretty big thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=185921

jschille

Postby jschille » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 pm

ilovesf wrote:You go to their website and check it out. Some of them have forms to fill out online, and the most part will have you e-mail your resume and transcript to the recruiter. I wrote CL's for some, but it wasn't very specific. For the ones with an online form, I didn't write a CL. I've only done ~15-20 so far. I was going to do more, but got distracted by OCI. We have a pretty big thread about it here: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=185921

Thanks for the response. I just found out that all of the Resume Collects I did for OCI didn't go through, so I guess I get to apply to those firms again. I didn't know I was supposed to use a bid on them...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:29 pm

jschille wrote:
ilovesf wrote:You go to their website and check it out. Some of them have forms to fill out online, and the most part will have you e-mail your resume and transcript to the recruiter. I wrote CL's for some, but it wasn't very specific. For the ones with an online form, I didn't write a CL. I've only done ~15-20 so far. I was going to do more, but got distracted by OCI. We have a pretty big thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=185921

Thanks for the response. I just found out that all of the Resume Collects I did for OCI didn't go through, so I guess I get to apply to those firms again. I didn't know I was supposed to use a bid on them...

Ohh, that sucks. I would just send them an application through the website. I'm not sure resume collects really pan out for anyone, I haven't heard about anyone hearing back from any.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:14 am

federal reserve board has an interview slot up if anyone is interested

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:39 am

definitely taking tomorrow off... lol

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:48 am

DildaMan wrote:definitely taking tomorrow off... lol

I'm only checking because I have things I have to do on the computer anyway (finishing up writing for work, making cheat sheets for OCI, etc.)

Return to “Legal Employment”