UC Hastings OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ilovesf

Diamond

UC Hastings OCI

Post by ilovesf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Interview options and rejections are starting to roll out by email so I thought I would start a thread where we can post anonymously once we get all the results. Good luck!

Borhas

Platinum

Re: UC Hastings OCI

Post by Borhas » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:54 pm

email? I thought it was just going to be on the symplicity site
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Borhas wrote:email? I thought it was just going to be on the symplicity site
No someone got rejected by email and I got an interview by email from a firm I bid on because they said they liked too many people to interview so I'm going to their office.

uch14

New

Post by uch14 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 pm

which firm was it?

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm

The day of reckoning draws near :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm

kapital98 wrote:The day of reckoning draws near :P
Ahhhhhh

DildaMan

Bronze

Post by DildaMan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Up till midnight? :D

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:22 pm

DildaMan wrote:Up till midnight? :D
If I say yes I'm totally lame
If I say no ... Am I missing out on open slots?

DildaMan

Bronze

Post by DildaMan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:26 pm

I still have to finish season 3 of Community... good excuse to stay up... maybe?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:29 pm

DildaMan wrote:I still have to finish season 3 of Community... good excuse to stay up... maybe?
Totally. I wake up at 630 and I haate staying up late. Tomorrow is going to be a long day too because of the interview thing at school then I'm going to the giants game.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:31 pm

why the hell are they waiting till midnight, I mean really are employers gonna be up at 11:45 PST finishing up selections?

Of course as a 3L I only bid at 4 places so no skin off my ass, but still
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Borhas wrote:why the hell are they waiting till midnight, I mean really are employers gonna be up at 11:45 PST finishing up selections?

Of course as a 3L I only bid at 4 places so no skin off my ass, but still
Lol I see online that slots available are at 0 so I guess they are all win

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:04 am

well i didn't stay up on purpose, but booooo, nothing is posted. I know the employers already have their lists because one of them told me so tonight at an event. ugh.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 am

I do believe the interview list is out because you can now select open slots. I'm a 3L with a pretty high GPA and didn't get any (only applied to 5 firms though), so make of that what you will.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:07 am

cu_arsenal wrote:I do believe the interview list is out because you can now select open slots. I'm a 3L with a pretty high GPA and didn't get any (only applied to 5 firms though), so make of that what you will.
how do you select open slots? the screen looks just like it did before to me.
edit: also, sorry about the interviews, that sucks.

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:08 am

ilovesf wrote:
cu_arsenal wrote:I do believe the interview list is out because you can now select open slots. I'm a 3L with a pretty high GPA and didn't get any (only applied to 5 firms though), so make of that what you will.
For open interview slots, there should be a button on the "date" column for a given employer. Maybe they haven't officially released them, but I do remember them coming out at a similar time last year.

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 am

ilovesf wrote:
Thanks btw. That's how life goes. Just curious though, do you have a grade rank that would be somewhat competitive for OCI? If so, then you should have received interviews under "scheduled interviews". That should give us both an indication of whether or not they have been released.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 am

cu_arsenal wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
For open interview slots, there should be a button on the "date" column for a given employer. Maybe they haven't officially released them, but I do remember them coming out at a similar time last year.
Ohh I see it. It's only there for 3 places, I guess not enough people bid on them. I guess when they release interview schedules and some people drop there will be more options to add the dates.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:13 am

cu_arsenal wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Thanks btw. That's how life goes. Just curious though, do you have a grade rank that would be somewhat competitive for OCI? If so, then you should have received interviews under "scheduled interviews". That should give us both an indication of whether or not they have been released.
Yeah, I am top 15% and LR, so I guess nothing has been released yet.

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:15 am

ilovesf wrote:
cu_arsenal wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Yeah, I am top 15% and LR, so I guess nothing has been released yet.
Oh, ok, then definitely nothing has been released. Congrats on HLJ btw. As the EIC of one of the secondaries, I'm sure we offered you a spot on our journal so we would have liked to have had you, but HLJ is the right decision if you got on.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:19 am

cu_arsenal wrote: Oh, ok, then definitely nothing has been released. Congrats on HLJ btw. As the EIC of one of the secondaries, I'm sure we offered you a spot on our journal so we would have liked to have had you, but HLJ is the right decision if you got on.
:D Thanks. I only applied to HICLR, CLQ and HLJ. I felt like with journals that if I wasn't going to do something I was really, really interested in (or HLJ) then it would be a pretty hellish year.

Also to whoever else sees this relatively soon:
Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP has 2 open slots open as of right now. They're an IP firm in Oakland and require a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. I don't know why not enough people bid on them, but get on it quickly if you can.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DildaMan

Bronze

Post by DildaMan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 am

Should have expected this... nothing comes out on time. -_-

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 am

ilovesf wrote:
cu_arsenal wrote: Oh, ok, then definitely nothing has been released. Congrats on HLJ btw. As the EIC of one of the secondaries, I'm sure we offered you a spot on our journal so we would have liked to have had you, but HLJ is the right decision if you got on.
:D Thanks. I only applied to HICLR, CLQ and HLJ. I felt like with journals that if I wasn't going to do something I was really, really interested in (or HLJ) then it would be a pretty hellish year.

Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP has 2 open slots open as of right now. They're an IP firm in Oakland and require a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. I don't know why not enough people bid on them, but get on it quickly if you can.
Indeed, we offered you a spot. And you took the right approach to journals. Only apply to the ones you actually are interested in.

I can also explain why some IP firms like that don't get bid on: not enough students with high enough GPAs + the requisite tech background as engineers. I bet they do patent prosecution and that requires a science degree.

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:24 am

Oh, also, just as an FYI for 2Ls: I took a look back at my e-mails from last year. Schedules were released at 9:03 AM, so I can almost bet that is what is going to happen again. I actually like the fact they allow people to get up in the morning to review things rather than have everyone stay up until midnight.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:25 am

cu_arsenal wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Indeed, we offered you a spot. And you took the right approach to journals. Only apply to the ones you actually are interested in.

I can also explain why some IP firms like that don't get bid on: not enough students with high enough GPAs + the requisite tech background as engineers. I bet they do patent prosecution and that requires a science degree.
Yeah, they don't have a GPA requirement listed though, so I don't know. I guess maybe because it's in Oakland and/or not a well known firm.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”