Sufficient DC ties for a mass mailing?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sufficient DC ties for a mass mailing?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm

I went to undergrad at GWU and worked for a year after in the city. Lived there the whole time, really enjoyed it, blah blah.

Assuming I mailed NYC already, is it worth mass mailing DC firms with these ties? Or will I just get auto-dinged?

I'm a CLS transfer from a midwestern T30 that does not place into biglaw.

thanks
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Review

Re: Sufficient DC ties for a mass mailing?

Postby Dr. Review » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 pm

While I cannot speak to the sufficiency of the ties, my general outlook on mass mailing is as follows:

If you DON'T mass mail, you're guaranteed a ding.
If you DO mass mail, they'll at least look at your resume before you get a ding.

Postby 071816 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Bedsole wrote:While I cannot speak to the sufficiency of the ties, my general outlook on mass mailing is as follows:

If you DON'T mass mail, you're guaranteed a ding.
If you DO mass mail, they'll at least look at your resume before you get a ding.

word. how could it hurt you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

I guess it is more a question of efficient use of time. There's a million other things going on right now and it is going to take days to prepare lists/mail DC as well. Just trying to get a sense of whether this is a good use of time or a waste.

But the consensus seems to be "do it if you can."

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Of course spending five years in that city is enough. What the hell else do you think qualifies?

Return to “Legal Employment”