Top 10%/Secondary Journal--Does this matter?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 10%/Secondary Journal--Does this matter?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am

As you could probably guess from the subject line, I finished 1L in the top 10% of my class, but am on a secondary journal rather than the flagship law review. I'm at BU/BC. How much does this matter? When firms say "law review preferred" or whatever, do they literally mean flagship law review only? I've heard differing opinions on this from students and lawyers, curious as to what others think. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Top 10%/Secondary Journal--Does this matter?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:51 am

It's probably going to depend on the firm. The indication seems to be that having some type of journal is important from BC/BU from posters on this site and a couple hiring attorneys I've spoken with. Obviously LR is better, but at least having a journal is considered a plus. If you're top 10% with journal, you're in a good position

Re: Top 10%/Secondary Journal--Does this matter?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am

Better drop out.

Return to “Legal Employment”