NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 pm

So alot of NJ firms have completely ignored me from Mass mailing them. Should I email them and let them know I'll be in the area and available to interview in person? Most of them I contacted twice. Once to submit my materials and then again to update with journal results.

FWIW: T14 not near NJ, ironclad ties.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby keg411 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So alot of NJ firms have completely ignored me from Mass mailing them. Should I email them and let them know I'll be in the area and available to interview in person? Most of them I contacted twice. Once to submit my materials and then again to update with journal results.

FWIW: T14 not near NJ, ironclad ties.


Yes, because, IIRC the NJ firms don't typically pay travel expenses.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:38 am

Any update on Bressler or Morgan Lewis? I have callback's with both of them this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any update on Bressler or Morgan Lewis? I have callback's with both of them this week.


Did a CB with Bressler a while ago, said I won't hear from them until Oct.

Anybody hear from Drinker post-CB? Riker post-screener?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Anyone hear anything post CB from Riker, Bressler, or Day Pitney? It seems around this time last year people started to recieve offers.

Also snail mail ding from Lindabury. I was actually suprised, thought the screener went well. I have good stats from an NJ school too. Oh well...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything post CB from Riker, Bressler, or Day Pitney? It seems around this time last year people started to recieve offers.

Also snail mail ding from Lindabury. I was actually suprised, thought the screener went well. I have good stats from an NJ school too. Oh well...


Bressler told me i wouldn't hear much from them until Oct after i had a CB with them.

my office preference was NYC, however, so i dont know if that changes things.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything post CB from Riker, Bressler, or Day Pitney? It seems around this time last year people started to recieve offers.

Also snail mail ding from Lindabury. I was actually suprised, thought the screener went well. I have good stats from an NJ school too. Oh well...


You already had a CB?

I didn't even hear back after my screener we're going on week 5. Should I hit them up?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything post CB from Riker, Bressler, or Day Pitney? It seems around this time last year people started to recieve offers.

Also snail mail ding from Lindabury. I was actually suprised, thought the screener went well. I have good stats from an NJ school too. Oh well...


You already had a CB?

I didn't even hear back after my screener we're going on week 5. Should I hit them up?


Yup, reach out to them. The recruiter told me two weeks ago that they wanted to finish up their callbacks and hopefully start extending offers soon after.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything post CB from Riker, Bressler, or Day Pitney? It seems around this time last year people started to recieve offers.

Also snail mail ding from Lindabury. I was actually suprised, thought the screener went well. I have good stats from an NJ school too. Oh well...


You already had a CB?

I didn't even hear back after my screener we're going on week 5. Should I hit them up?


+1
I just emailed recruiting this morning since I haven't heard from my screener 4 weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Cole Schotz CB. Have they extended a lot of offers yet, or do they still have open slots?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby keg411 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cole Schotz CB. Have they extended a lot of offers yet, or do they still have open slots?


I don't know what they're doing this year, but last year they did offers/rejections/WL's all in one day in October.

User avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Sheffield » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:36 am

Also Cole Schotz CB.

Seems kind of late for offering mass CBs, considering that many people are sitting on an offer or two. . I wonder what is up with that? From what I hear this is a really good firm. Great news for those seeking their first offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 am

Sheffield wrote:Also Cole Schotz CB.

Seems kind of late for offering mass CBs, considering that many people are sitting on an offer or two. . I wonder what is up with that? From what I hear this is a really good firm. Great news for those seeking their first offer.



They are a good firm, but kinda full of themselves. At my NJ school, for OCI they say they only want top 10% plus law review. Those people can and did get big law and withdrew from consideration. So I think now they are hustling to try and see more people. They are a solid firm but they pay on the lower range for NJ. Very few people at my school with those stats would choose Cole over an NYC offer. I think they may need to rethink their strategy. They also interview way too many people for such a small class size (4-6).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 am

anyone hear from Morgan Lewis?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:39 pm

NJ News in the last 3 days: Not looking good for me

Lindabury - CB scheduled

Drinker - Ding post-CB - snail
Riker - Ding post-screener - email
Lowenstein - Ding - mass mail - email
Fox Rothschild - Ding - mass mail - email


Stats: T14 around median
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Sheffield » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sheffield wrote:Also Cole Schotz CB.

Seems kind of late for offering mass CBs, considering that many people are sitting on an offer or two. . I wonder what is up with that? From what I hear this is a really good firm. Great news for those seeking their first offer.



They are a good firm, but kinda full of themselves. At my NJ school, for OCI they say they only want top 10% plus law review. Those people can and did get big law and withdrew from consideration. So I think now they are hustling to try and see more people. They are a solid firm but they pay on the lower range for NJ. Very few people at my school with those stats would choose Cole over an NYC offer. I think they may need to rethink their strategy. They also interview way too many people for such a small class size (4-6).

FWIW: Given that I am T-14 at median, their aim for top 10% with LR might be, for the reasons you stated, the result of Cole rethinking their strategy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:NJ News in the last 3 days: Not looking good for me

Lindabury - CB scheduled

Drinker - Ding post-CB
Riker - Ding post-screener
Lowenstein - Ding - mass mail
Fox Rothschild - Ding - mass mail


Stats: T14 around median



Sorry to hear that. Were those dings via e-mail or snail mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Were those dings via e-mail or snail mail?


Edited above.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sheffield wrote:Also Cole Schotz CB.

Seems kind of late for offering mass CBs, considering that many people are sitting on an offer or two. . I wonder what is up with that? From what I hear this is a really good firm. Great news for those seeking their first offer.



They are a good firm, but kinda full of themselves. At my NJ school, for OCI they say they only want top 10% plus law review. Those people can and did get big law and withdrew from consideration. So I think now they are hustling to try and see more people. They are a solid firm but they pay on the lower range for NJ. Very few people at my school with those stats would choose Cole over an NYC offer. I think they may need to rethink their strategy. They also interview way too many people for such a small class size (4-6).

At my Northeast lower T14, they said on Symplicity they only wanted top 5% plus law review. I'm scraping the top of the bottom 1/3 and I still got a callback. Obviously callbacks don't necessarily lead to offers, but as is the case for many other firms, the posted requirements often don't mean shit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Any movement? I recently got a letter from Lowenstein saying they have filled their summer class for 2013. Still waiting on Bressler, Riker, & Day Pitney. Hopefully we get some movement this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Anybody know anything about Jackson Lewis?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Offer to do a Day Pitney interview today, but they don't pay travel expenses and I go to school in California. fuck me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer to do a Day Pitney interview today, but they don't pay travel expenses and I go to school in California. fuck me.


Really? When did my callback there they sent me something concerning their reimbursement policy and I thought flights were covered. The fact that they are still offering callbacks is amazing. You would think they had a 50 person class to fill, not 5 slots. I'm convinced that getting mid-law in NJ is harder than landing Biglaw. They seem to interview a very large amount of students for a limited number of slots. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer to do a Day Pitney interview today, but they don't pay travel expenses and I go to school in California. fuck me.


Really? When did my callback there they sent me something concerning their reimbursement policy and I thought flights were covered. The fact that they are still offering callbacks is amazing. You would think they had a 50 person class to fill, not 5 slots. I'm convinced that getting mid-law in NJ is harder than landing Biglaw. They seem to interview a very large amount of students for a limited number of slots. Good luck!

Thanks. Yea the email they sent specifically said that they don't pay for travel expenses if you didn't interview with them at OCI. I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it for me to fly out. I still have yet to hear back from a few CBs out here in CA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm

What's the base salary for a first year associate at Day Pitney?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.