NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NJ Firms: 2012 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 pm

"Lowenstein is a nasty sweatshop, and if you aren't Jewish they aren't going to hire you. Stay away from this place, it has a terrible reputation."

This is not true. I am not Jewish and I received a summer associate offer there. I met with over ten attorneys during my call back and postoffer lunch and didn't get that sense at all.

Objection

Postby Objection » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm not reading this whole thread, but any Lowenstein bashing is misguided and must be from some disgruntled non-callback.

Lowenstein is a fantastic, fantastic firm, and a damn good place to work. I don't currently work there, but trust me on this.

You won't find better people in a big law firm, and compared to NYC, the work life balance is reasonable in most practice areas.

sadsituationJD

Postby sadsituationJD » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm not reading this whole thread, but any Lowenstein bashing is misguided and must be from some disgruntled non-callback.

Lowenstein is a fantastic, fantastic firm, and a damn good place to work. I don't currently work there, but trust me on this.

You won't find better people in a big law firm, and compared to NYC, the work life balance is reasonable in most practice areas.

ROTFL. They were fined 2 million big ones for filing frivolous lawsuits:

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/08/26/pau ... lous-suit/

Bet you anything the end up deferring or outright no-offering this year's summer class (if they indeed have one). The inside dope I hear from a lawschool buddy there is that things aren't so hot over there. Remember that NJ firms only get the dregs and scraps that NYC Biglaw turns away. I hear they are even looking into doing low-end insurance defense like fender benders.

Objection

Postby Objection » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

If you considered any firm who has been fined or sanctioned to be a bad firm, you'd have no good firms left.

As for the rest, you're wrong and sound bitter as fuck.

Postby 20130312 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Objection wrote:If you considered any firm who has been fined or sanctioned to be a bad firm, you'd have no good firms left.

If you've read any of his other posts, you'd know that the bolded is an understatement. For example.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Objection wrote:If you considered any firm who has been fined or sanctioned to be a bad firm, you'd have no good firms left.

If you've read any of his other posts, you'd know that the bolded is an understatement. For example.

Absolutely. I have said basically the same thing to him in the past Objection, about other similar insults of his.

Return to “Legal Employment”