not accepting offer right away

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

not accepting offer right away

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:51 pm

I have an offer from my summer firm, but I am planning to interview again and see what sticks. Most people, however, have already accepted their offers. I am worried my firm will view me negatively if I don't accept soon because they will know I am exploring other options. If I do end up there, I am worried they will hold my late acceptance against me.

Does anyone have experience with this, specifically not accepting right away and interviewing again but then going to the summer firm? Did you get the sense that they held it against you?

User avatar
ben4847
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: not accepting offer right away

Postby ben4847 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 pm

I imagine once you get there and start working, you and they will all forget it. But, I could be wrong.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: not accepting offer right away

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Has anyone been in this situation, and what happened?

letsdoit
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: not accepting offer right away

Postby letsdoit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer from my summer firm, but I am planning to interview again and see what sticks. Most people, however, have already accepted their offers. I am worried my firm will view me negatively if I don't accept soon because they will know I am exploring other options. If I do end up there, I am worried they will hold my late acceptance against me.

Does anyone have experience with this, specifically not accepting right away and interviewing again but then going to the summer firm? Did you get the sense that they held it against you?


Just be honest-say you loved your time with the firm but because this is such a major, one time life decision, you need to do your due diligence and see what else is out there so you don't cheat yourself.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.