Callbacks outside OCI: When? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callbacks outside OCI: When?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Through networking, I have a couple of callbacks to set up with firms that I would characterize as "safety" (though I don't believe there is such a thing as a safety firm ITE).

I have screeners during OCI coming up in a few weeks with firms I would prefer to work for.

Question: Do I call and schedule the callbacks for before OCI? Do wait until after I see who else I get callbacks from? I don't want to waste a firm's time if I do not have to. Nor do I want to burn the connection.

Not that I believe it matters for my question, but Top 10% at DNCG (not more specific as naming school likely outs me).

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks outside OCI: When?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Through networking, I have a couple of callbacks to set up with firms that I would characterize as "safety" (though I don't believe there is such a thing as a safety firm ITE).

I have screeners during OCI coming up in a few weeks with firms I would prefer to work for.

Question: Do I call and schedule the callbacks for before OCI? Do wait until after I see who else I get callbacks from? I don't want to waste a firm's time if I do not have to. Nor do I want to burn the connection.

Not that I believe it matters for my question, but Top 10% at DNCG (not more specific as naming school likely outs me).
I just scheduled a cb for a firm the week before my oci starts...i also did a cb in june. both firms are nlj250/vault and in my home market. get on it now. you have 28 days to accept an offer and many firms will allow that countdown to begin on the first day of you school's oci.

piccolittle

Silver

Re: Callbacks outside OCI: When?

Post by piccolittle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Through networking, I have a couple of callbacks to set up with firms that I would characterize as "safety" (though I don't believe there is such a thing as a safety firm ITE).

Get that offer. You can always turn it down later if you get another that you would rather take, and at this point the NALP deadline should take you to at least early September if you haven't even scheduled your callbacks yet. Good luck and congrats!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”