Duke Transfer Bid List-ADVICE??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Duke Transfer Bid List-ADVICE??

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Transfer into Duke. Targeting Southeast Markets (Charlotte, ATL, some Florida) w/secondary focus on NYC. My general question is it safer to put these smaller Southeast firms lower and bid the NY firms higher, even if that isn't reflective of my preference? (NYC: v20-v100 firms).

letsdoit

Re: Duke Transfer Bid List-ADVICE??

Postby letsdoit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Transfer into Duke. Targeting Southeast Markets (Charlotte, ATL, some Florida) w/secondary focus on NYC. My general question is it safer to put these smaller Southeast firms lower and bid the NY firms higher, even if that isn't reflective of my preference? (NYC: v20-v100 firms).

depends. do you have ties to the southeast firms that would result in them pre-selecting you? also, how does duke's OCI work?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Have good ties in the SE. Duke's OCI is 30 bids-pure lottery.

stewie27

Postby stewie27 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Duke 2L here. I didn't look into the Southern firms so I'm not sure, but I know there are definitely a fair number of people in our class who want to work in the South. So, I'd be worried to put them all at the bottom and risk not getting them through the lottery. That said, I'm sure the NY firms are more popular. If I were you, I'd probably mix it up to get a better chance of getting interviews in both. Also, look at the number of interview slots.

Return to “Legal Employment”