How many firms should I mass-mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How many firms should I mass-mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 am

I'm top 20% at DCNG and I've been mass-mailing all week and have hit about 25 firms. How do I know when I can stop? (I find adapting cover letters and doing those inane online forms to be incredibly tedious.)

letsdoit

Re: How many firms should I mass-mail?

Postby letsdoit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm top 20% at DCNG and I've been mass-mailing all week and have hit about 25 firms. How do I know when I can stop? (I find adapting cover letters and doing those inane online forms to be incredibly tedious.)

Stop once you get an offer. Seriously, better safe than sorry.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm top 20% at DCNG and I've been mass-mailing all week and have hit about 25 firms. How do I know when I can stop? (I find adapting cover letters and doing those inane online forms to be incredibly tedious.)

That's because it is incredibly tedious. I'd keep doing a couple a day until OCI. Better to over mail than wait and then scramble after a strikeout at OCI. Your odds of a job at OCI are pretty high, but I'd keep going.

sambeber

Postby sambeber » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:18 am

letsdoit wrote:

Stop once you get an offer. Seriously, better safe than sorry.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 am

What online forms are you talking about? We can't just email cover letter, resume and transcript?

adammac17

Postby adammac17 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:What online forms are you talking about? We can't just email cover letter, resume and transcript?

Alot of firms have an online application form they prefer/require you to apply through.

sambeber

Postby sambeber » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:26 am

edit: scooped

Also: someone should consider putting together a TLS list of firms that require you to apply online. I'd contribute what I've found thus far.
Last edited by sambeber on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 am

romothesavior wrote:

That's because it is incredibly tedious. I'd keep doing a couple a day until OCI. Better to over mail than wait and then scramble after a strikeout at OCI. Your odds of a job at OCI are pretty high, but I'd keep going.

Have you gotten your list of OCI screeners yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 am

OP here--no, I haven't. I plan to mass-mail all of the firms I bid on but didn't get screeners for, which is TCR, right?

Return to “Legal Employment”