Double Interviewing with Same Firm within 10 days

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Double Interviewing with Same Firm within 10 days

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:08 pm

I bid and received an interview with Firm X during our OCI, but between bidding and receiving the results, I was able to guarantee and schedule an interview with the same firm a couple days later. So now I have an interview with them twice within 10 days.

I emailed my school and they said it's usually find to interview twice, but if you don't get a callback from the first screener, the second screener has a low chance of getting you a callback.

Should I cancel?

El_Sol

Re: Double Interviewing with Same Firm within 10 days

Postby El_Sol » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

If its a couple of days later, don't cancel.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Is it the same office? I've never heard of anyone doing two screeners for the same office. I would call the recruiting coordinator and make sure it's not a mistake

target

Postby target » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Your situation is a bit different (maybe). But this is from the other thread:

piccolittle wrote:
target wrote:
target wrote:Question: I have scheduled interviews with the same firm (same office) at a job fair and OCI. The two interviews are two weeks apart. I know I have to cancel one of them. Are there pros and cons to do an early interview vs. later interview?

bumping this to see if anyone knows or wants to speculate.

Is the job fair reputable? Does the firm actually hire people from the fair? I would say that interviewing earlier is always better, as then you skip the OCI rush and get considered before your classmates. On the other hand, if the fair is not particularly well run and the firm does not tend to hire people during the fair, maybe it's better to wait so you don't get forgotten about after the fair. My two cents.

El_Sol

Postby El_Sol » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 pm

The earlier the better

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 pm

target wrote:Your situation is a bit different (maybe). But this is from the other thread:

piccolittle wrote:
target wrote:
target wrote:Question: I have scheduled interviews with the same firm (same office) at a job fair and OCI. The two interviews are two weeks apart. I know I have to cancel one of them. Are there pros and cons to do an early interview vs. later interview?

bumping this to see if anyone knows or wants to speculate.

Is the job fair reputable? Does the firm actually hire people from the fair? I would say that interviewing earlier is always better, as then you skip the OCI rush and get considered before your classmates. On the other hand, if the fair is not particularly well run and the firm does not tend to hire people during the fair, maybe it's better to wait so you don't get forgotten about after the fair. My two cents.

kinda the same position. interviewing with a firm at a fair designated as Firmwide. also interviewing with the firm through OCI for a specific city. when interviewing Firmwide, he I express interest in a city different from the one that I'm interviewing with later?

Return to “Legal Employment”