Proximity for "Ties" Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Proximity for "Ties"

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 pm

When addressing the question of "ties" to a region, how close do those ties need to be?

For example, I grew up in Central California, went to undergrad in Santa Barbara, currently at CCN. I want SF as a secondary market. Problem is, all of my ties are at least about 4-5 hours south from SF (Central California). I don't consider myself Southern California and my hometown is at least 3 hours away from LA.

Will interviewers buy that as close enough to SF? I don't really want to do LA even if it is technically closer....

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Last edited by Myself on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Proximity for "Ties"

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm

ajax adonis wrote:Just phrase it more generally. Say, "I grew up in Nor Cal and love that area of the state."
No, definitely don't say that. Just say you grew up in California (or Central California), and visited the bay area often and loved it, have friends there, etc.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”