reapplying to firm (1-2 years later)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

reapplying to firm (1-2 years later)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Didn't know how to word subject. But question is, if I got rejected after a callback from a firm, and then reapply to the firm a year or two later under different circumstances (not a student anymore, licensed in state, etc), should I try and talk to the guy that did my screening interview the first time? The thought being that I only got to the callback stage the first time if the guy doing screening interview liked me enough. Note that this wasn't via OCI and was at an unusual time for hiring, so he likely wasn't interviewing 20+ people in one day and might actually remember me.

UVA Cavalier

Re: reapplying to firm (1-2 years later)

Postby UVA Cavalier » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:50 pm

If you got to a callback the first time, the interest is definitely there. I think you should be golden to try again. Maybe they're more actively recruiting this time

Anonymous User

Re: reapplying to firm (1-2 years later)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks -- I definitely plan to reapply to the firm (they're located in one of my targeted markets and are doing the exact type of work I want to be doing), I just didn't know whether I should send an e-mail to the first screener that got me the callback the first time. He IS a partner and likely has some pull should he choose to go to bat for me to get an interview. I just don't really want to risk a "uh who are you?" or anything negative.

Return to “Legal Employment”