Cornell AJF lottery results?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cornell AJF lottery results?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am

So how many screeners did everyone get?

I got 12, plus 3 pick ups yesterday during open sign-up. It seems to me that this is lower than the average in previous years (15 lottery plus 4-5 sign-ups).

Got most of my top 6 choices on the first 2 days, and then 2 out of my top 3 choices on the last day.

orderofthings

Re: Cornell AJF lottery results?

Postby orderofthings » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 am

16 screeners initially, two picked up on open sign up day for a total of 18. I got most of my top choices and some random ones pretty far down, but overall no complaints.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 pm

18 screeners, picked up 2 more from open sign up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:18 pm

13 plus one from open sign up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:31 pm

20 through lottery. Didn't try to pick up any.

From talking to people, the better your GPA, the more selective the firms you bid on, the more interviews you ended up with. I received my top 6 choices for 2 days. Wednesday was just an slow day firm wise

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:32 pm

11 plus 1 from open sign up. Not super thrilled with the low number, but all my favorites.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:20 through lottery. Didn't try to pick up any.

From talking to people, the better your GPA, the more selective the firms you bid on, the more interviews you ended up with. I received my top 6 choices for 2 days. Wednesday was just an slow day firm wise

Maybe I'm the exception, but my 18 came from almost exclusively "flexible" firms. My gpa is also shit.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:51 pm

12 through lottery. Added one.

Selective firms were definitely easier to get, particularly if you were willing to bid them ahead of more flexible firms. No problem getting my top 3-4 firms on Monday and Tuesday because they were top firms, but picked up only a quarter or so of the flexible firms I bid below that each day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:20 through lottery. Didn't try to pick up any.

Maybe I'm the exception, but my 18 came from almost exclusively "flexible" firms. My gpa is also shit.

I see that making sense. Same logic behind being able to grab selective firms as flexible firms. Fewer people had them ranked up higher. Seems like the system screws the middle half of the class with the number of interviews.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Yea, there doesn't seem to be much of a correlation between what your grades were and how many screeners you got. All about bidding apparently (bidding on firms that fewer people wanted, bidding lower on firms that have larger interview pools, etc.). Really wish the administration had went over wtf a bidding strategy was prior to this, but I guess doing the ext a legwork of talking to upperclassmen about it paid off for some.

14 + 2 here, can't complain, I only need one offer to be happy as shit.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 pm

clone22 wrote:Yea, there doesn't seem to be much of a correlation between what your grades were and how many screeners you got. All about bidding apparently (bidding on firms that fewer people wanted, bidding lower on firms that have larger interview pools, etc.). Really wish the administration had went over wtf a bidding strategy was prior to this, but I guess doing the ext a legwork of talking to upperclassmen about it paid off for some.

14 + 2 here, can't complain, I only need one offer to be happy as shit.

Don't be so sure. I vetted my list a TON. A perfect strategy is impossible because you don't know where other people are moving- I know from asking around I missed a ton of firms by either having them one slot too low and/or bad luck from the lottery.

There's no correlation between grades and interviews except insofar as it impacts your strategy.

Return to “Legal Employment”