Forgot to get leather folio

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Forgot to get leather folio

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:43 am

I have a mock interview (at a firm) this morning, but I didn't think to get a leather folio thing-y to carry my fancy resume and transcript, etc. and hold semi-anxiously while trading anecdotes. Especially annoying since I was at the campus bookstore yesterday and could have picked one up with the school name printed/embossed(?) upon it.

Oh, and can I bring my bookbag and not look exceedingly foolish? I'm heading to my internship afterwards and need it to carry my stuff and my things and a computer and a few other things. By the way-ish, this firm is high on my list; if this could turn into a real interview that turned into a real SA position, that would be spectacular (if likely unlikely)

IAFG

Re: Forgot to get leather folio

Postby IAFG » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:46 am

Leave your backpack at reception. They probably have a closet for it (along with people's umbrellas, raincoats, etc). Just grab a manilla folder and try to chill out.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:46 am

It's a mock interview, so I think you're alright.

But can't you just use a nice tote bag (if you're female) or a briefcase? You could stick a folder/notebook in there and have room for your laptop.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:31 am

Do you have an Office Depot / Fedex Kinkos / Staples on the way to the interview? You can get a plain black one for about $12.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks, guys. I think the quality of my folio was the least important thing in the world. We really hit it off---not only an awesome interview for its own sake but a confidence booster for the upcoming grind. I had my resume (and transcript) in a three-binder, haha (couldn't even find a manila folder)

He seemed to imply that he hoped I got an OCI slot and told A) he often did callback interviews; and B) to email him if I did or didn't get an OCI slot. This is a firm I really like, so I'm pretty psyched.

Now I do need to get a decent folio.

ChiefPresidentTaft

Postby ChiefPresidentTaft » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02 pm

It must be OCI season when there are posts about forgetting to bring a padfolio to a mock interview.

Glad to hear the interview went well though.

Return to “Legal Employment”