capitol hill

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
synergy

capitol hill

Postby synergy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm a rising 2l at a DC-area law school and I'm getting more and more intrigued by a possible career on capitol hill. I know many people here are gonna say that I should drop out but I have a partial scholarship and I do enjoy law school. One thing that's holding me back is, I don't know if I want to be in DC forever. I certainly don't mind staying post-graduation for a few years but eventually I'd like to move elsewhere. Are there any capitol hill jobs outside of DC? The only one I can think of is working with a local congressman but what is the career path like if I went that route?

sambeber

Re: capitol hill

Postby sambeber » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:46 pm

synergy wrote:I'm a rising 2l at a DC-area law school and I'm getting more and more intrigued by a possible career on capitol hill. I know many people here are gonna say that I should drop out but I have a partial scholarship and I do enjoy law school. One thing that's holding me back is, I don't know if I want to be in DC forever. I certainly don't mind staying post-graduation for a few years but eventually I'd like to move elsewhere. Are there any capitol hill jobs outside of DC? The only one I can think of is working with a local congressman but what is the career path like if I went that route?

Think about why they're called Capitol Hill jobs...

Anonymous User

Re: capitol hill

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:18 am

maybe OP meant he wanted a job in Seattle? There's a Capitol Hill there too...

Return to “Legal Employment”