Top 10-15% Students at T1 30-40 ranked schools

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 10-15% Students at T1 30-40 ranked schools

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Seems like the top 10% is the golden standard for securing a lot of interviews through OCI at mid-ranked T1's. Any anecdotal experience of how successful those just outside of the top 10% were? Specifically BigT1en (Wisc. OSU Iowa Minnesota IU Illinois) schools in Midwestern markets .

PlessFightsFire

Re: Top 10-15% Students at T1 30-40 ranked schools

Postby PlessFightsFire » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Your OCS should have this info. I would call or e-mail them and ask about number of interviews students last year close to your gpa got + number of callbacks. For me getting that info was like pulling teeth but they have it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:36 pm

What was the conversation like with OCS when you did this? I'd like to do the same thing because I fall in the category of OP

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:42 pm

PlessFightsFire wrote:Your OCS should have this info. I would call or e-mail them and ask about number of interviews students last year close to your gpa got + number of callbacks. For me getting that info was like pulling teeth but they have it.

Lolol not at all surprised. Illinois ocs sucks.

OP - anecdotally top 15% at Illinois last year did well. 15% with interview skills was better off than top of the class aspies

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
PlessFightsFire wrote:Your OCS should have this info. I would call or e-mail them and ask about number of interviews students last year close to your gpa got + number of callbacks. For me getting that info was like pulling teeth but they have it.

Lolol not at all surprised. Illinois ocs sucks.

OP - anecdotally top 15% at Illinois last year did well. 15% with interview skills was better off than top of the class aspies

Thank you for that anecdote. I've been told I interview well. Hopefully my grades are enough to get me into the door and on relatively equal ground as the "top of the class aspies"

Return to “Legal Employment”