How soon can I follow up on mass-mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How soon can I follow up on mass-mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm in NY this summer and will be here for three more weeks, and last week I sent out a bunch of apps through firms' online forms. I want to do the screener, if possible, while I'm still here. How soon is "too soon" to follow up with the recruiting manager?

rad lulz

Re: How soon can I follow up on mass-mail?

Postby rad lulz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:16 am

Probably not necessary. They don't lose you shit. Honestly it probably doesn't matter that much.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:33 am

if you stated in your cover letter how long you would be in the city then it's probably too soon to follow up. If you didn't then it probably won't hurt you to send a quick follow up saying when you'll be in NYC to interview

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:36 am

Ludovico Technique wrote:if you stated in your cover letter how long you would be in the city then it's probably too soon to follow up. If you didn't then it probably won't hurt you to send a quick follow up saying when you'll be in NYC to interview

I've had luck with this. But you probably won't get much love from a general followup. Then again, it probably won't necessarily hurt either.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am

OP here. On a related note, how long after I submitted my mass-mail application can I assume a firm isn't interested?

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. On a related note, how long after I submitted my mass-mail application can I assume a firm isn't interested?

Does it matter? Keep applying until you get a job. Literally I would just send out a bunch of these things and not give them a second thought until I got a rejection or CB. You have better shit to worry about.

Return to “Legal Employment”