Should everyone mass mail? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hardcorepawn

New

Re: Should everyone mass mail?

Post by hardcorepawn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:40 am

drmguy wrote:I'm struggling with this right now as well. Somewhere in the top 5% at a 90s TT and transferring to B.

Moral of the story, no matter what you should mail?

If by B you mean Berkeley then I think you should be set, that is a top school/really prestigious (assuming you don't mind working in California). Congrats on the transfer BTW

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 am

Transferring to CLS from lower T1. I'm planning on mailing my T1's market (have ties) and hopefully NYC. Going to be a busy couple of weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:31 am

I have over 25 OCI interviews coming up, but I still mass mail. . . truthfully though, I believe mass mailing is a waste of time, judging by my mailbox filled with law firm responses saying thanks for the interest in our firm but we do not have any openings. Nevertheless, I still do it.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:55 am

luckyme wrote:
drmguy wrote:I'm struggling with this right now as well. Somewhere in the top 5% at a 90s TT and transferring to B.

Moral of the story, no matter what you should mail?
seems to be some disagreement about this
seems to be some agreement that your troll account and you are about to get banned for this

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:56 am

Depends on what you mean by "should." Ben is right that there are certain circumstances where it's probably not necessary. If you're in the top 10% at a T6, then yeah, chances are the expected returns from mass mailing are not going to outweigh the effort it takes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”