Extraordinarily basic questions...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Extraordinarily basic questions...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 am

Top student at a TT transferring to an Ivy league law school (not HYS). I have some really dumb questions and will not mind if you flame the hell out of me and post links to other threads, as long as you post the links.

The first thing I can't figure out is the process for actually figuring out which firms to bid. Is there some kind of database that gives useful stats and information? I've played a little with Vault and NALP but all I get is really vague marketing bullet points ("collegial environment") or paragraphs describing the firm.

Also, is there a place to get the lay of the land in the target market? Say I randomly wanted Atlanta or Houston (I don't) - how do you know who the major players are, firm reputation, etc.?

I'm also not sure how the hell anyone thinks they know what practice area they want at this stage.

I have a lot of questions but everything I've found here presupposes a working knowledge with the above. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough...

Myself

Re: Extraordinarily basic questions...

Postby Myself » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 am

Last edited by Myself on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Extraordinarily basic questions...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:43 am

No board-hazing?

Thanks for the links - I will take a look-see now.

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:49 am

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Legal Employment”