If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Magnificent
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm

If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Magnificent » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Hypothetically if you could get any legal job (private practice, gov't, academia, etc.) after graduation, what would you choose.

Which firm in private practice?

Which office in gov't?

Which school/focus in academia?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Jenner Block

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm

I would do appellate lit at Williams and Connolly because there the most prestigious. I would also post on TLS and let all the rest of the posters their know how prestigious I am and that I can have any job I want.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:03 pm

I'd do (in order):

(1) if I had the right clients, my own firm. Perhaps half plaintiff side securities, antitrust, and patents; half defense of the local companies. White collar defense if I had the clients.

(2) AUSA in Kansas City, MO (my hometown)

(3) Husch Blackwell in Kansas City

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

(1) OSG

(2) Civil Rights Division, Civil

(3) USAO SDNY

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Come on kids, dream big.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'd do (in order):

(1) if I had the right clients, my own firm. Perhaps half plaintiff side securities, antitrust, and patents; half defense of the local companies. White collar defense if I had the clients.

(2) AUSA in Kansas City, MO (my hometown)

(3) Husch Blackwell in Kansas City


Why Husch and not BC, Shook, etc?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby northwood » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Head of the NFL legal counsel, right hand man to the Commish.

Ideally,my office would be on a beach, with the windows to the ocean, and the back door to the golf course. There would be a full cocktail bar staffed and ready to go just down the hall.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

letsdoit
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby letsdoit » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:44 pm

deleted.
Last edited by letsdoit on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:45 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby ilovesf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:46 pm

northwood wrote:Head of the NFL legal counsel, right hand man to the Commish.

Ideally,my office would be on a beach, with the windows to the ocean, and the back door to the golf course. There would be a full cocktail bar staffed and ready to go just down the hall.

Sweet. I was going to say 49ers counsel. This one's good too.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby northwood » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:51 pm

ilovesf wrote:
northwood wrote:Head of the NFL legal counsel, right hand man to the Commish.

Ideally,my office would be on a beach, with the windows to the ocean, and the back door to the golf course. There would be a full cocktail bar staffed and ready to go just down the hall.

Sweet. I was going to say 49ers counsel. This one's good too.



Why settle for one team when you can control them all??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273385
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:54 pm

SCOTUS

LOLyer
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby LOLyer » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. I'd whip this country into shape in no time. 8)

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby drmguy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Come on kids, dream big.

Brilliant answer

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby KevinP » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Law professor. Easy money.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Old Gregg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 pm

I would work for Magnificent. Easily the most prestigious job after being Magnificent himself.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby ilovesf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:24 pm

northwood wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
northwood wrote:Head of the NFL legal counsel, right hand man to the Commish.

Ideally,my office would be on a beach, with the windows to the ocean, and the back door to the golf course. There would be a full cocktail bar staffed and ready to go just down the hall.

Sweet. I was going to say 49ers counsel. This one's good too.



Why settle for one team when you can control them all??

I want to increase my chances of meeting 49ers players.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby IAFG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Art. I judge (bankruptcy or court of federal claims).

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Counsel for Institute for Justice or similar firm, followed by law professorship in t14 in major market or Cville

http://www.ij.org/wmellor-2

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby 071816 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Dean of a for-profit law school.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby KevinP » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:46 pm

chimp wrote:Dean of a for-profit law school.

Want to change to my answer to this. Easily the best option so far.

User avatar
Perseus_I
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby Perseus_I » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Partner at Susman Godfrey or U.S. Ambassador to some tropical island with hot women (Bermuda?). Not sure if the latter would be a "legal job" or not. Ha

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: If you could get any legal job, where would you work?

Postby top30man » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:I would work for Magnificent. Easily the most prestigious job after being Magnificent himself.

This is the best answer ITT.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.