Transfer - attending old school's OCI info session

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer - attending old school's OCI info session

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Is this taboo? I haven't yet withdrawn from my 1L school, and this would be my only opportunity to attend an informational session on the OCI process, described as follows: "Presentation by --------, Director of Recruiting, BIGLAW FIRM – Resumes, cover letters, interviewing and the OCI Process – from a law firm’s perspective. Questions about the OCI Process & Professional Expectations"

Further, what about attending my old school's "Meet the Employer's Reception"? This will be attended by many firms in my targeted market who are not interviewing at OCI at my new school, so would be my only chance to meet them. Would this be awkward to attend if I know I'm leaving? Should I just mass mail these firms instead?

Anonymous User

Re: Transfer - attending old school's OCI info session

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

bump.

CanadianWolf

Re: Transfer - attending old school's OCI info session

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Once you withdraw, then you should not attend recruiting events at your old school, in my opinion. Since you have not withdrawn, however, and will not be bumping anyone from an interview slot if you attend a presentation & a meet and greet, then it seems okay to attend these events.

Return to “Legal Employment”