NLRB/DOL Honors Programs and Employment Firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NLRB/DOL Honors Programs and Employment Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry this is so late. Haven't been thinking about TLS for a while...

I had an interview with DOL for a regional office honors placement about a month ago. They told me they don't do second interviews for regional offices, and that offers or official dings will be forthcoming once federal funding for 2015 is passed. It seemed they were doing all the regional interviews within a week or two span, so my guess is that those are over now.

It was in a big city. Sorry, don't really want to say more.
Did you also have an interview with headquarters?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Are NLRB interviews over now, then?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are NLRB interviews over now, then?
I'm currently interning with a field office, and from what I understand there's a lot of variation in the pace between offices even. Some regions are still interviewing, while I also know there are some regions that have already submitted recommendations to DC. I think the common understanding is that offers won't officially go out until a budget is resolved, so I'd imagine interviews would continue to that point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry this is so late. Haven't been thinking about TLS for a while...

I had an interview with DOL for a regional office honors placement about a month ago. They told me they don't do second interviews for regional offices, and that offers or official dings will be forthcoming once federal funding for 2015 is passed. It seemed they were doing all the regional interviews within a week or two span, so my guess is that those are over now.

No. I was interviewed by two current (or maybe recently current?) honors attorneys who had been placed at field offices for their honors things.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No. I was interviewed by two current (or maybe recently current?) honors attorneys who had been placed at field offices for their honors things.
My understanding is that whether you interview w/ field office attorneys or the national office attorneys, you state your office preferences during the interview. Based on what has happened in previous years, people who've had interviews with only the national office and are "finalists" or "under active consideration" rank their offices and then may be interviewed by the field office for consideration in that specific office. I believe they're at this stage now to work out office preferences. In the past, field office interviews have been conducted in January as well. Have you been notified of finalist status?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 am

FYI: I got a "we've reviewed all applications and you are still under active consideration" email from DOL yesterday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:FYI: I got a "we've reviewed all applications and you are still under active consideration" email from DOL yesterday.
I wonder how many people received this email. OP, did you rank more than one office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FYI: I got a "we've reviewed all applications and you are still under active consideration" email from DOL yesterday.
I wonder how many people received this email. OP, did you rank more than one office?
My process was a bit different, so it's hard to answer that while remaining anonymous! They did ask me to confirm my continued interest in the program, and rank my geographic preferences, the options for which included regional offices.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
My process was a bit different, so it's hard to answer that while remaining anonymous! They did ask me to confirm my continued interest in the program, and rank my geographic preferences, the options for which included regional offices.
Ah okay. Yeah I wonder how much of the original pool of applicants were narrowed down. Oy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

My understanding is that whether you interview w/ field office attorneys or the national office attorneys, you state your office preferences during the interview. Based on what has happened in previous years, people who've had interviews with only the national office and are "finalists" or "under active consideration" rank their offices and then may be interviewed by the field office for consideration in that specific office. I believe they're at this stage now to work out office preferences. In the past, field office interviews have been conducted in January as well. Have you been notified of finalist status?
This could be right for all I know. I was just reporting what happened to me. And I was notified of finalist status, though they didn't call it that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Anyone else get this?

I didn't so, I guess this is it?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anyone else get this?

I didn't so, I guess this is it?
I got this. Why don't you check in with your interviewer to be sure? From the thread, it seems like people had different interviewing processes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:45 pm

has anyone else received the "under active consideration" email yet? How many people do you think get that email?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone else received the "under active consideration" email yet? How many people do you think get that email?
I was told it was around 50 for all offices - regional and HQ

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone else received the "under active consideration" email yet? How many people do you think get that email?
I was told it was around 50 for all offices - regional and HQ
oh wow. did your interviewer tell you that? sigh// I'd honestly be happy at any regional or HQ

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:32 pm

anyone get a DOL offer yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone get a DOL offer yet?
Well, it's dependent on the budget, which hasn't passed yet! I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, FWIW.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Received an offer from a regional office for the NLRB this afternoon!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received an offer from a regional office for the NLRB this afternoon!
Seconded. I received an offer from regional office of NLRB too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:33 am

CONGRATS! Any news from DOL??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 pm

FWIW I know at least one NLRB region (the one I interviewed at) is still doing their round 1 interviews and won't get to second round & offers until Jan or even Feb (so they told me).

I also had an interview with Labor but have heard nothing yet from them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am

At least the budget is passed. For DOL, here starts the endless waiting period.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Did anyone get an offer from NLRB GC or Board side?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:17 pm

I just wish I knew if any offers have been made by DOL!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just wish I knew if any offers have been made by DOL!
Seconding this. I suggest we number ourselves to gauge how many of the "under active consideration" applicants are on here.

I can start. Anonymous 1. Ranked national office and the East coast regional offices. Haven't heard anything since sending in my office preferences.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”