NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from Kasowitz or Mayer Brown yet?

Offers or CBs? Somebody got a Kasowitz cb the other day, and a couple MB ones were reported last week. No offers that I know of -- my MB CB isn't until after Labor Day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:55 pm

K&E ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from Kasowitz or Mayer Brown yet?

Offers or CBs? Somebody got a Kasowitz cb the other day, and a couple MB ones were reported last week. No offers that I know of -- my MB CB isn't until after Labor Day.


Had my mayer ny callback the other day. They said they'll tell you decision in a week or less

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:K&E ding


me too, JP and KS. not too upset though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:K&E ding


me too, JP and KS. not too upset though.


Same here. I got a really shitty vibe from the firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:K&E ding


me too, JP and KS. not too upset though.


Same here. I got a really shitty vibe from the firm.


I'll sign on to that too. (dinged, they were kinda jerks)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from Kasowitz or Mayer Brown yet?

Offers or CBs? Somebody got a Kasowitz cb the other day, and a couple MB ones were reported last week. No offers that I know of -- my MB CB isn't until after Labor Day.


Had my mayer ny callback the other day. They said they'll tell you decision in a week or less

Congrats -- I hope it went well! My call didn't come until Friday, and they had loaded up their CB schedule for the next couple of weeks by that time.

Let us know what you hear. I hope it's good news!

Did you have a Kasowitz CB already, too? Which screener did you meet with?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from Kasowitz or Mayer Brown yet?

Offers or CBs? Somebody got a Kasowitz cb the other day, and a couple MB ones were reported last week. No offers that I know of -- my MB CB isn't until after Labor Day.


Had my mayer ny callback the other day. They said they'll tell you decision in a week or less

Congrats -- I hope it went well! My call didn't come until Friday, and they had loaded up their CB schedule for the next couple of weeks by that time.

Let us know what you hear. I hope it's good news!

Did you have a Kasowitz CB already, too? Which screener did you meet with?


No kasowitz. Won't name screener (it'd out me). Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 pm

shearman ding via email (MM)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:K&E ding


me too, JP and KS. not too upset though.



Were these for the CB event on Tuesday or screeners?

Also let's all collectively agree not to freak out when people start posting offers. I have the majority of my CBs in September so I'll be lucky to have an offer before then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:K&E ding


me too, JP and KS. not too upset though.



Were these for the CB event on Tuesday or screeners?

Also let's all collectively agree not to freak out when people start posting offers. I have the majority of my CBs in September so I'll be lucky to have an offer before then.


Screener for me.

Offers aren't necessary; it's minimally useful info

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Has there been a trace of Linklaters movement?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has there been a trace of Linklaters movement?


Same with DLA Piper?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 pm

S&S ding (RF)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:09 pm

has anyone heard anything from gibson NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm

...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Anyone heard from Pillsbury SF?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has there been a trace of Linklaters movement?


Ding by email. Interviewer PA

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Pillsbury SF?


Got a CB from Pillsbury LA today, not sure if that means anything. Interviewer KB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Schulte email ding earlier today, screener DR

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Hogan Lovells email... ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Skadden ding by email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Anyone hear from the MIA offices of:
-Weil
-White and Case
-Akerman
-Bilzin
-H&K

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Pillsbury SF?


Got a CB from Pillsbury LA today, not sure if that means anything. Interviewer KB.


Ok same interviewer. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, was it from KB or was it from a recruiter in the LA office? I've gotten a few SF CBs so far and some definitely seem to go through the interviewer while others go through the office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW MADNESS 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from the MIA offices of:
-Weil
-White and Case
-Akerman
-Bilzin
-H&K


W&C NY cb a few days ago, RH.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.