3L Mass Mailing Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
choochoo

Bronze

Re: 3L Mass Mailing Thread

Post by choochoo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:2L here. No luck yet, and will have to do 3L mass-mailing next year even getting a offer later this cycle. A maybe silly question, for 2L SA, it's May/June - August, so when does 3L SA happen? Aren't graduates supposed to prepare for Bar exam during the summer?
The vast majority of 3Ls in this thread are seeking full time employment to begin in the fall of 2013 after the bar exam. Some firms, however, do offer 3L SAs for judicial clerks (who can take the bar exam later I believe) or part time students.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 am

choochoo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2L here. No luck yet, and will have to do 3L mass-mailing next year even getting a offer later this cycle. A maybe silly question, for 2L SA, it's May/June - August, so when does 3L SA happen? Aren't graduates supposed to prepare for Bar exam during the summer?
The vast majority of 3Ls in this thread are seeking full time employment to begin in the fall of 2013 after the bar exam. Some firms, however, do offer 3L SAs for judicial clerks (who can take the bar exam later I believe) or part time students.
Another (small) exception is for those doing an LLM. My summer class had someone who just graduated but was going back for a Tax LLM.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Bump

landlocked

New

Post by landlocked » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 am

Bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Just about to start planning for mass mailing (spreadsheets, etc. Re-learning Excel).

One thing I've got to clear up first, though, is

1) whether the cover letter should be addressed to the Hiring Attorney listed in NALP, even though I'll be emailing it to the Recruiting Contact, usually some Director or Manager of Recruitment.
2) If to the Hiring Attorney, should I merely type in "Mr. John Smith, Hiring Attorney"? (include the "Esq." or not?)
3) If to the Hiring Attorney, why didn't NALP just include it in their NALP MailMerge output?

Thanks for your help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”