Jackson Walker

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DTX
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am

Jackson Walker

Postby DTX » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:01 am

Wanting to pursue opportunities with JW. The idea of a Texas firm appeals to me.I'm open to any office ( even San Angelo). What is the opinion on them? Pay scale? I know they start at 160k but thats it. Thanks

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Jackson Walker

Postby kalvano » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 am

Great firm with a great reputation. People I know working or who have worked there have loved it.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Jackson Walker

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 am

kalvano wrote:Great firm with a great reputation. People I know working or who have worked there have loved it.


Really? I've heard a few of their offices aren't doing so hot. Is that not the case?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Jackson Walker

Postby kalvano » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
kalvano wrote:Great firm with a great reputation. People I know working or who have worked there have loved it.


Really? I've heard a few of their offices aren't doing so hot. Is that not the case?


I meant more along the lines of work environment, but I think it's picking up. I know Dallas and Houston are fine. Fort Worth was a little shaky for a while, but from what I hear it's bouncing back.

Don't know about other offices, though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Jackson Walker

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 am

It's an extremely TX-focused and TX-ties conscious firm, slightly to the point of being xenophobic. My interviewer outright asked me about my nationality and whether I was a citizen. Granted, he was an old partner, but that experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Jackson Walker

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:It's an extremely TX-focused and TX-ties conscious firm, slightly to the point of being xenophobic. My interviewer outright asked me about my nationality and whether I was a citizen. Granted, he was an old partner, but that experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.


wow. Yea that doesn't sound like a great place to work.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Jackson Walker

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:24 am

Solid firm, comfortable in its own skin. Little bit of a GOB atmosphere. They were high on my list but recruiting is hard to decipher. They told me something completely different from what they told my good friend during the recruiting process. I'm not bitter about it because I was getting preferential treatment.

I think you'll need to be top 20% from a regional school to get a serious look. If you are at a Texas school they might host a reception for your law review members. Be sure to attend if you're invited. I met my OCI interviewers at the reception and it made the interview easy.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.