As a transfer old schools LR Invite on Resume?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CanadianWolf

Re: As a transfer old schools LR Invite on Resume?

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:43 pm

"Invited to join the write-on competition for law review" is a bit different than actually making law review. That's kind of like writing "Invited to apply to Harvard Law School". :D

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 pm

anli wrote:http://its.law.nyu.edu/faculty/profiles/CVFiles/VICKI%20BEEN%20cv%20%200310.pdf

Thanks - using that one.

Dayan114

Postby Dayan114 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:51 pm

My school's OCS suggests:

Such-and-Such Law Review, invitation extended

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 pm

This is the poster who transfered last year and put "____ Law Review, Selected as ..."

OP -- Not to be a dick, but don't listen to these people telling you not to do it. If you got invited, put it on. I received multiple V5 offers and another V10 offer before withdrawing from my other callbacks. Every little accolade counts during OCI, especially as a transfer.

This isn't a moral dilemma. You got the invite, you put it on your resume, and you kill it at OCI.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 am

i just did this: "Invited to join the ____ Law Review/Journal as result of writing competition"

if you got on through a write on, i've been told to definitely put it on. if you graded on, it's not as useful, but still put it on! i don't see why people would leave this off when it cannot possibly hurt you in any conceivable way and there's the possibility it could help you.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:49 am

Lasers wrote:i just did this: "Invited to join the ____ Law Review/Journal as result of writing competition"

if you got on through a write on, i've been told to definitely put it on. if you graded on, it's not as useful, but still put it on! i don't see why people would leave this off when it cannot possibly hurt you in any conceivable way and there's the possibility it could help you.

Do you think it matters that the journal write-on could have possibly been half grades/half write on score?

ajaxconstructions

Postby ajaxconstructions » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:52 am

As a potential transfer, I fully plan on putting "Wrote onto law review at ___" on my resume.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:i just did this: "Invited to join the ____ Law Review/Journal as result of writing competition"

Do you think it matters that the journal write-on could have possibly been half grades/half write on score?

technically, no. for hastings, they don't tell us their methodology or how we each got onto the journal. if you aren't the top 3 students or so from each section that automatically graded on, you say you got on as the result of the writing competition.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 am

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

technically, no. for hastings, they don't tell us their methodology or how we each got onto the journal. if you aren't the top 3 students or so from each section that automatically graded on, you say you got on as the result of the writing competition.

Damn, I regret not doing that. No one at the career office told me to. Ugh.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Damn, I regret not doing that. No one at the career office told me to. Ugh.

from my personal experience, career services has been of little to no use. :|

Return to “Legal Employment”