3L mass mail timing? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L mass mail timing?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Do you wait until offers have been extended by your SA firm?

Anonymous User

Re: 3L mass mail timing?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 pm

How easy is it to "upgrade" from big law (SA) to big law, between the V-100s.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How easy is it to "upgrade" from big law (SA) to big law, between the V-100s.
OP:

I think 3L OCI is hard in general, and unless you were already competitive, there probably isn't a good chance of trading up without something that has changed since 2L OCI (i.e., 4.0 in 2L).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How easy is it to "upgrade" from big law (SA) to big law, between the V-100s.
OP:

I think 3L OCI is hard in general, and unless you were already competitive, there probably isn't a good chance of trading up without something that has changed since 2L OCI (i.e., 4.0 in 2L).
Is this from speculation or own/friend/classmate experience?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
OP:

What about missing out at 2L OCI while still competitive (top 1/3 and law review at a T30) and then almost a 4.0 2L year (moving to just outside top 10%)? Still almost impossible?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
OP:

What about missing out at 2L OCI while still competitive (top 1/3 and law review at a T30) and then almost a 4.0 2L year (moving to just outside top 10%)? Still almost impossible?
If I told you it was impossible, would you not try and just stick to being unemployed?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 am

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
OP:

If I told you it was impossible, would you not try and just stick to being unemployed?
No, I was just asking out of curiosity. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”