mass mailing different office of same firm before OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

mass mailing different office of same firm before OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:58 pm

I am a student with low grades from a T14 on the east coast. I am thinking of sending out mail to firms in LA, where I am now and will continue to be before OCI. Many of the LA firms I want to send mail to are the LA offices of the same firms that I will be interviewing with during OCI.

For example: I will be interviewing with Stroock NY during OCI. I am thinking of sending an email to Stroock LA right now asking to interview with them in early august before OCI in the east coast. Would I end up killing my chances at both if I 1) sent mail to Stroock LA now saying I want to work here, 2) got an interview for early august, 3) interviewed with Stroock LA at their office before OCI, then 4) interviewed with stroock NYC during OCI on the east caost saying I want to work here?

Anonymous User

Re: mass mailing different office of same firm before OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 pm

curious about this as well

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Classic "it depends" scenario.

Some firms have centralized recruiting. Other firms do not - and the LA office will have no idea that NYC is also interviewing you. So, maybe the right question to ask is: which firms have centralized recruiting. To that, I have no answer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:36 am

Did this and got an interview. Just look at the recruiting contact for each office. If it is different then you are golden.

Return to “Legal Employment”