GULC 2012 EIW

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Number of screeners and callbacks received (don't vote until you're sure)

5-7 screeners
2
2%
8-10 screeners
4
4%
11-13 screeners
5
4%
14-16 screeners
12
11%
17+ screeners
37
33%
0 callbacks
6
5%
1-2 callbacks
14
13%
3-4 callbacks
5
4%
5-6 callbacks
5
4%
7+ callbacks
22
20%
 
Total votes: 112

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 am

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "crickets" mean? (not referring to the insect,either)
Thanks for educating me.

Zindras
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Zindras » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what does "crickets" mean? (not referring to the insect,either)
Thanks for educating me.


Silence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:37 am

Has anyone heard from Gibson Dunn NY (who did not get invite to dinner) or Boies (email or phone)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:13 pm

LOL, at not hearing from 75% of the firms.

I feel we are part of a GULC slaughter.

F*ck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:23 pm

What's the deal with phase 2? What kind of employers do that and how many?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Gibson Dunn NY (who did not get invite to dinner) or Boies (email or phone)?


Heard from Boies on Thursday. CB- interviewer DM. But that was Boies DC, so may be different for other offices.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Ding today - letter in the mail from Latham DC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:26 pm

It is much too early to call it a slaughter, yet. You have some people who have come away from this week with 10+ callbacks. Once people start accepting offers there will be some openings. Also, I am not terribly surprised not to hear from anything from Thursday or Friday. I would just sit tight. We will know more next week.

That said, it does seem like the silence is greater than expected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It is much too early to call it a slaughter, yet. You have some people who have come away from this week with 10+ callbacks. Once people start accepting offers there will be some openings. Also, I am not terribly surprised not to hear from anything from Thursday or Friday. I would just sit tight. We will know more next week.

That said, it does seem like the silence is greater than expected.


12 CBs, 3 dings, silence from 8 firms. Feeling incredibly fortunate, and I will cancel some callbacks if/when I get an offer.

Stats: Top 15%, secondary journal, evening student with full time job.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It is much too early to call it a slaughter, yet. You have some people who have come away from this week with 10+ callbacks. Once people start accepting offers there will be some openings. Also, I am not terribly surprised not to hear from anything from Thursday or Friday. I would just sit tight. We will know more next week.

That said, it does seem like the silence is greater than expected.

It's too early to call it a slaughter for the school, but if you haven't gotten any CBs from your M-W interviews, you are in bad shape. Something went wrong and you need to get in to OCS, start calling firms you didn't meet at EIW, and prep your govt materials. Those who get firm jobs usually have CBs in hand by the end of EIW and if you have none yet, you need to figure out what went wrong and how to hustle from behind.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It is much too early to call it a slaughter, yet. You have some people who have come away from this week with 10+ callbacks. Once people start accepting offers there will be some openings. Also, I am not terribly surprised not to hear from anything from Thursday or Friday. I would just sit tight. We will know more next week.

That said, it does seem like the silence is greater than expected.


12 CBs, 3 dings, silence from 8 firms. Feeling incredibly fortunate, and I will cancel some callbacks if/when I get an offer.

Stats: Top 15%, secondary journal, evening student with full time job.



What market areas? DC? Where CBs? What firms are you still waiting for? Since you have such a large number of CBs (congrats!), it would be great if you could share the firms. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It is much too early to call it a slaughter, yet. You have some people who have come away from this week with 10+ callbacks. Once people start accepting offers there will be some openings. Also, I am not terribly surprised not to hear from anything from Thursday or Friday. I would just sit tight. We will know more next week.

That said, it does seem like the silence is greater than expected.


12 CBs, 3 dings, silence from 8 firms. Feeling incredibly fortunate, and I will cancel some callbacks if/when I get an offer.

Stats: Top 15%, secondary journal, evening student with full time job.



What market areas? DC? Where CBs? What firms are you still waiting for? Since you have such a large number of CBs (congrats!), it would be great if you could share the firms. Thanks!


6 DC, 6 NY. Most have been reported, and I'd rather not out myself, but I'd be happy to PM you.

Still waiting on the following:

NY: PW, Skadden, Davis Polk, Weil
DC: Jones Day, Paul Hastings, Latham, Akin

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby mr_toad » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Would above poster with 12 pm me if has heard back from Ropes or Shearman? Thx!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:41 pm

mr_toad wrote:Would above poster with 12 pm me if has heard back from Ropes or Shearman? Thx!


Didn't interview Ropes, dinged by Shearman.

Also dinged by Crowell (DC) and Covington (DC).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It is much too early to call it a slaughter, yet. You have some people who have come away from this week with 10+ callbacks. Once people start accepting offers there will be some openings. Also, I am not terribly surprised not to hear from anything from Thursday or Friday. I would just sit tight. We will know more next week.

That said, it does seem like the silence is greater than expected.


12 CBs, 3 dings, silence from 8 firms. Feeling incredibly fortunate, and I will cancel some callbacks if/when I get an offer.

Stats: Top 15%, secondary journal, evening student with full time job.



What market areas? DC? Where CBs? What firms are you still waiting for? Since you have such a large number of CBs (congrats!), it would be great if you could share the firms. Thanks!


6 DC, 6 NY. Most have been reported, and I'd rather not out myself, but I'd be happy to PM you.

Still waiting on the following:

NY: PW, Skadden, Davis Polk, Weil
DC: Jones Day, Paul Hastings, Latham, Akin


I'll add to this to help compile information. All NYC.

Have CB's from:

Skadden
Weil
Simpson Thacher
Cleary
Gibson Dunn
Debevoise
Paul Weiss
Shearman

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Adding to above--CBs, all NY:

Willkie
Fried Frank
Kasowitz
Schulte
Dechert

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Ill add

CBs in DC

Boies
Kirkland

Dings in DC
Covington
Willkie
Latham

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto) call back on Thursday.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12586
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby jessuf » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Will the person with 12 CBs PM me the firms/offices too? What kind of FT job do you have?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 am

Anyone hear from Cahill? Please PM me if you have.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 am

My overall list so far:
CBs: Freshfields, Linklaters, Milbank, Cadwalader, Dechert (all NY); White & Case (DC); Richards, Layton & Finger (DE), + Sheppard Mullin LA
Dings: Gibson Dunn NYC, DPW Menlo Park, Patton Boggs, Ropes & Gray NYC, Paul Weiss NYC, Paul Hasting SD, Kirkland, Baker Hostetler, K&L Gates, Sutherland, Frost Brown Todd
Waiting on: 11 2 (Jones Day, Shearman Sterling)

Top-third, secondary journal, lots of WE
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 pm

To the four posters who just posted their CB's and dings:

Stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ill add

CBs in DC

Boies
Kirkland

Dings in DC
Covington
Willkie
Latham


Evening student, full time job, top 15%, no journal

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Adding to above--CBs, all NY:

Willkie
Fried Frank
Kasowitz
Schulte
Dechert


When did you hear from Kasowitz?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Anyone heard from DLA Piper (DC), Reed Smith (DC), Baker Botts (DC), Morgan Lewis (DC), Gibson Dunn (Dallas), Fulbright (Dallas), Locke Lord (Dallas)?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.