GULC 2012 EIW

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Number of screeners and callbacks received (don't vote until you're sure)

5-7 screeners
2
2%
8-10 screeners
4
4%
11-13 screeners
5
4%
14-16 screeners
12
11%
17+ screeners
37
33%
0 callbacks
6
5%
1-2 callbacks
14
13%
3-4 callbacks
5
4%
5-6 callbacks
5
4%
7+ callbacks
22
20%
 
Total votes: 112

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

All offices are NYC.
CBs (all on T+1): Shearman, Bingham, Allen & Overy, Dechert
Dings (all on T+2): Fried Frank, Cleary
Silence:
Since Monday: Debevoise, Paul Weiss, SRZ
Since Tuesday: Davis Polk, Gibson Dunn, Willkie
Stats: Top 1/3rd, work experience, secondary journal

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:All offices are NYC.
CBs (all on T+1): Shearman, Bingham, Allen & Overy, Dechert
Dings (all on T+2): Fried Frank, Cleary
Silence:
Since Monday: Debevoise, Paul Weiss, SRZ
Since Tuesday: Davis Polk, Gibson Dunn, Willkie
Stats: Top 1/3rd, work experience, secondary journal


I have heard silence from those firms too, even though I know CBs and dings have been going out already, some since Tuesday for the Monday interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:22 pm

CBs: Cadwalader, Dechert, Linklaters, Freshfields (all NYC); White & Case (DC) (was earlier poster in regards to the person who asked which offices)
Dings: DPW Menlo, Patton Boggs
Silence: about 10-15 others.
Top 1/3, secondary journal, work experience
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:All offices are NYC.
CBs (all on T+1): Shearman, Bingham, Allen & Overy, Dechert
Dings (all on T+2): Fried Frank, Cleary
Silence:
Since Monday: Debevoise, Paul Weiss, SRZ
Since Tuesday: Davis Polk, Gibson Dunn, Willkie
Stats: Top 1/3rd, work experience, secondary journal



Class rank?

Sandrew
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Sandrew » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 pm

DC unless noted otherwise.

CBs: Steptoe, Patton Boggs, Sheppard, Mofo, Fried Frank (NY), Dechert (NY), Schulte (NY)
Dings: Shearman (NY), Crowell
Silence:
Since Monday: PW (NYC), Kasowitz (NYC)
Since Tuesday: Jones Day, PH, Skadden (NYC), Willkie (NYC), Davis Polk (NYC)
Stats: Top 15-20%, secondary, WE.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Linklaters, Freshfields, and White&Case (DC) callbacks. Stunned.


Class rank?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Linklaters, Freshfields, and White&Case (DC) callbacks. Stunned.


Double post, sorry

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Linklaters, Freshfields, and White&Case (DC) callbacks. Stunned.


Double post, sorry


Am poster above (also with Dechert and Cadwalader CBs): top third, secondary, work experience

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DC unless noted otherwise.

CBs: Steptoe, Patton Boggs, Sheppard, Mofo, Fried Frank (NY), Dechert (NY), Schulte (NY)
Dings: Shearman (NY), Crowell
Silence:
Since Monday: PW (NYC), Kasowitz (NYC)
Since Tuesday: Jones Day, PH, Skadden (NYC), Willkie (NYC), Davis Polk (NYC)
Stats: Top 15-20%, secondary, WE.



Do you have Hill W/E?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DC unless noted otherwise.

CBs: Steptoe, Patton Boggs, Sheppard, Mofo, Fried Frank (NY), Dechert (NY), Schulte (NY)
Dings: Shearman (NY), Crowell
Silence:
Since Monday: PW (NYC), Kasowitz (NYC)
Since Tuesday: Jones Day, PH, Skadden (NYC), Willkie (NYC), Davis Polk (NYC)
Stats: Top 15-20%, secondary, WE.



Do you have Hill W/E?


Not exactly, but very DC. Enough so to make NYC firms noticeably hesitant during the screening interviews.

tycoga8118
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby tycoga8118 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Ding from Clifford Chance and Kasowitz. CB from Schulte. All NY. Silence from everyone else (25 other firms).

Side question and not sure if this is the appropriate place for the question, but what % of cb's with schulte turn to offers? I can't find any data.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:21 pm

General consensus on Shearman? We've seen one ding and one CB. Any others out there? I'm at silent since Monday...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:Ding from Clifford Chance and Kasowitz. CB from Schulte. All NY. Silence from everyone else (25 other firms).

Side question and not sure if this is the appropriate place for the question, but what % of cb's with schulte turn to offers? I can't find any data.

Thanks!


Has anyone heard anything affirmative from Kasowitz. I've received neither a ding nor a callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Chadbourne ding NYC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Milbank NYC CB

Chadbourne NYC Ding - email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Chadbourne ding NYC.


Anonymous User wrote:Milbank NYC CB

Chadbourne NYC Ding - email


Class rank?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Ding - Debevoise (Top 10%)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Has anyone heard from Proskauer NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding - Debevoise (Top 10%)


Top 10%!!! We are all gonna die!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Don't be ridic. If they took everyone in the top 10% that'd be 60 people to call back. You still gotta be interesting to them in particular and with those grades convince them that you'll consider going there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm

MWE ding via email. Below median. WE.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Milbank NYC CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Don't be ridic. If they took everyone in the top 10% that'd be 60 people to call back. You still gotta be interesting to them in particular and with those grades convince them that you'll consider going there.


Not quite. Because interviews are assigned by lottery, and not pre-screened, not more than about 10/20% of the people a firm will interview will be in the top 10%. In total, that is not likely to be more than 10 people for any given firm. But point taken.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC 2012 EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Milbank NYC CB.


Class rank?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.