Word of mouth job opening? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Word of mouth job opening?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 am

So I am working as an intern in a county prosecutor's office and my supervisor told me that the state's AG's office may be hiring several people under their budget since the county is so broke and desperately needs more people. So I sent in a resume and a cover letter (miracle of miracles, I am working in the Judge's courtroom who is without a full time prosecutor and have actually done a trial in front of her as well as just having filed an appellate brief for extradition for the AG) and am now just waiting.

My question is this: I am a rising 3L, and hopefully will be able to snag this right out of school. But no one has said anything official and I did not mention that I knew about this rumor in the cover letter. So should I wait a couple weeks (sent it in Saturday mail) and then call to follow up? Or just wait? Or option C (insert ideas here)?

Return to “Legal Employment”