generating businesses

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

generating businesses

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm

how do people generate businesses at law firms? Is writing for newspaper and/or industry journals a good way?

I was called for an interview at a biglaw firm that I did not think I would have a chance at. several months ago I began writing a weekly column in a major financial newspaper although the column has nothing to do with law or business. I wonder if this was why the partners were keen on meeting with me.

PS I hope to write about finance/law when I hvae more experiences several years down the road.

dingbat

Re: generating businesses

Postby dingbat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how do people generate businesses at law firms? Is writing for newspaper and/or industry journals a good way?

Having a book of business or finding new clients is the way people generate business. Writing for a newspaper and/or industry journal does not in and of itself generate business, although it can lead to finding new clients.

gyarados

Postby gyarados » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:48 am

It's "generating business." "Generating businesses" is what entrepreneurs do.

Also, you should try to seem more put together in that interview than you sound here if you want that biglol job.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:55 am

thankx you are so cute.

Return to “Legal Employment”