Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Does anybody know anything about this firm - what they look for, what firm culture is like, etc.? They're small-ish, so I can't find a good resource on them myself! Thanks in advance!

siscokyd
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby siscokyd » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 pm

meadowscollier.com

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Haha, thanks. I meant - an inside look to help with an approach to potentially working there.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Very nice firm. Pretty selective, too. A couple of people I know have said they liked it there, but it's hard to get on. They are a big UT school, but it seems like a lot of their recent hires have been T14 or top of the class at UT / SMU.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks much! I (coincidentally) recently ended up meeting one of their associates as well. You were right - very selective (said associate was T14). I also noticed that a financial background is a super-plus there, and I am already slightly under what I would imagine their GPA range to be. :(

I also saw that Travis & Calhoun in Dallas were hiring. Kalvano, do you know anything about this firm? Boutique, business litigation is all I can glean from their own website (which is actually . . . heinous, and would almost deter me from applying . . . ).

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm

I think most of the Meadows Collier people have tax LLM's, and quite a few from NYU.

Travis & Calhoun, I don't know at all. They don't come to OCI at SMU, where did you hear they were hiring?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Via my CSO (out-of-state law school). They know I want to practice in business/corporate here in Dallas, and are kind enough to keep me updated on Dallas firms who touch on the work I want to do.

I'm top 1/3 but nothing more, and we're T25, so they've told me certain firms to not bother applying to (anything from Jones Day to V&E to Hunton & Williams), but share very limited information on other firms where they believe I would fit in. I don't always believe my CSO, so when a firm seems random or isn't on NALP or I don't know anyone who works there, I like to turn to TLS :D So - thank you for the advice you could give!

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Sure. I'm at SMU, so don't hesitate to PM me with questions, and I'll do my best to answer. There are tons of small firms around here, though, so I don't know them all.

And ignore them when they say don't bother applying, because you never know. 99% chance you strike out, but what if that 1% hits?

1abc23
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby 1abc23 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Who knows more?
Last edited by 1abc23 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
holdencaulfield
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby holdencaulfield » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 pm

It's a great firm and has some of the best lawyers for tax controversies in the country.

If you ever get a chance to hear William Cousins speak at a CLE, you should definitely attend.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am

1abc23 wrote:Pretty selective firm, but they pay market (160k). At UT you probably need a 3.6 or so or above with a CPA or some sort of accounting background. From my knowledge, they are more selective at SMU, but I don't know the GPA there. Probably something like top 10% as an educated guess.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Meadows Collier Reed in Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:31 am

Any one know anything else about this firm besides they pay market and are selective? Quality of life/hours?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.