Vault Secondary Rankings

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Detrox
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Vault Secondary Rankings

Postby Detrox » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Probably old news, but the Vault secondary rankings came out a couple days ago (Best to work for, best practice areas etc.). Just a public service announcement, because I actually found these useful unlike the prestige rankings.

User avatar
angua
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Vault Secondary Rankings

Postby angua » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Detrox wrote:Probably old news, but the Vault secondary rankings came out a couple days ago (Best to work for, best practice areas etc.). Just a public service announcement, because I actually found these useful unlike the prestige rankings.


Agreed - they seem much more meaningful to someone looking to work for, rather than hire, those firms. Also useful for regional rankings.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Vault Secondary Rankings

Postby bdubs » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Still not as good as Chambers. Some of the rankings seem really out of touch with reality, others are OK.

User avatar
angua
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Vault Secondary Rankings

Postby angua » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:09 pm

bdubs wrote:Still not as good as Chambers. Some of the rankings seem really out of touch with reality, others are OK.

Well, yeah, Chambers is awesome. I wish they had more firms on Chambers Associate though. That thing is really useful for the firms it does profile.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Vault Secondary Rankings

Postby Old Gregg » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:15 pm

angua wrote:
bdubs wrote:Still not as good as Chambers. Some of the rankings seem really out of touch with reality, others are OK.

Well, yeah, Chambers is awesome. I wish they had more firms on Chambers Associate though. That thing is really useful for the firms it does profile.


IDK, seems more like a site that cheerleads rather than critically assesses.

Careers.abovethelaw.com is still the best IMO.

User avatar
angua
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Vault Secondary Rankings

Postby angua » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
angua wrote:
bdubs wrote:Still not as good as Chambers. Some of the rankings seem really out of touch with reality, others are OK.

Well, yeah, Chambers is awesome. I wish they had more firms on Chambers Associate though. That thing is really useful for the firms it does profile.


IDK, seems more like a site that cheerleads rather than critically assesses.

Careers.abovethelaw.com is still the best IMO.


Really? I haven't checked it out. I guess the ATL association made me think it would just be an extension of the gossip rag. :)




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.