Telling 1L firm about OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Telling 1L firm about OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Does anyone have tips on how to tell your 1L SA firm you need time off to interview at OCI, fairs, etc? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm a little frightened about telling my current firm that I can't come in because I'm interviewing with other firms. Just say "I won't be in XX because of my school's OCI" straight up, or try to suggest that I would gladly stay at this firm if I get an offer to return, or none of the above? This is a boutique in a secondary market with a small SA class.

fatduck

Re: Telling 1L firm about OCI

Postby fatduck » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 pm

they know the deal, man. just tell them it's OCI.

KamaalTheAbstract

Re: Telling 1L firm about OCI

Postby KamaalTheAbstract » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have tips on how to tell your 1L SA firm you need time off to interview at OCI, fairs, etc? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm a little frightened about telling my current firm that I can't come in because I'm interviewing with other firms. Just say "I won't be in XX because of my school's OCI" straight up, or try to suggest that I would gladly stay at this firm if I get an offer to return, or none of the above? This is a boutique in a secondary market with a small SA class.

My firm didn't care at all.

Return to “Legal Employment”