Anything on the forum re: tax work?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
spleenworship

Anything on the forum re: tax work?

Postby spleenworship » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 pm

I am interested in possibly doing tax someday. But I don't know much about it. Anyone know if there is already a guide on how to get into that, what the upsides/downsides are, etc?

If not, can somebody knowledgeable lay some stuff out for us here?

I don't know if my T2 can lead to a tax career. I don't know if I want to take more or less tax classes. I don't know if I want to get an LLM (though I do at least know the three schools worth getting the LLM from). How and where to get jobs in this field or if this is just handled through normal OCI processes, etc.

The reason I am asking here is that tax is too short a word to actually search on this forum (4 char. minimum.) and ditto for things like "llm" "tax law" etc.

spleenworship

Re: Anything on the forum re: tax work?

Postby spleenworship » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

bump

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=1577966

Also, make friends with a tax prof at your school. In my experience, they are overjoyed to hear someone has an interest in tax and will help as much as they can.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Bumi wrote:http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1577966

Also, make friends with a tax prof at your school. In my experience, they are overjoyed to hear someone has an interest in tax and will help as much as they can.

Thank you so much!

Return to “Legal Employment”