OCI sessions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI sessions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:37 am

This may be a ridiculous question but I'm transferring and the deadline is July 16th for OCI session 1 at my school. I'm afraid I'm going to miss it since I'm not set up with Symplicity at the new school yet.

OCI session 2's deadline is August 8th. I know there are fewer dates for the second session, does this also mean fewer interview slots and callback opportunities?

What's the difference/why do they have 2 sessions?

Bildungsroman

Re: OCI sessions

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 am

What school is this? You're already anonymous and it might let people with experience help you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:24 am

BU

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:24 am

Bildungsroman wrote:What school is this? You're already anonymous and it might let people with experience help you.

BU

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:BU

BU rising 2L here. I heard the second session is pretty much a joke. The first session is the real OCI and your best shot.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:

BU rising 2L here. I heard the second session is pretty much a joke. The first session is the real OCI and your best shot.

So I should accept and pay the deposit now to get set up with Symplicity? Why is the deadline so early? My school has OCI at the end of August as well but the deadline is late July.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

So I should accept and pay the deposit now to get set up with Symplicity? Why is the deadline so early? My school has OCI at the end of August as well but the deadline is late July.

I'm just a rising 2L, maybe a 3L or recent grad could give you better info. All I can share is what I've heard.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Are you transferring into BU or out?

Transferring out = bid - if you decide to bounce, it will likely be before employers make their selections and you can just let the employers/CDO know that you are leaving so that they can open up spots for others

Transferring in = call CDO and get symplicity set up ASAP. Work on your application materials now - then just upload stuff, doesn;t take too much time.

Return to “Legal Employment”