3L Mass Mailing from a T2

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L Mass Mailing from a T2

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Top 15%, secondary journal/ Moot Court + a ton of clinics/firm experience, etc.

I am wondering where I can target and where I am wasting my time? I can go ahead and skip Skadden, K&L, Ropes, etc. cause I have zero chance there, but where else should I just skip? I assume all firms within my region are fair game, but if I am applying to another region here I have ties is it even worth mass mailing ANY biglaw firms or is it a waste of time? How about a region I have no ties to?

nevdash

Re: 3L Mass Mailing from a T2

Postby nevdash » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Why skip any firm? Sending in a form cover letter where you only change the recruiter's name and firm name takes almost no time at all, and it's about a trillion times more likely to result in a job than the 0% chance you have if you just don't apply.

I mean, I'm bidding on Cravath at OCI as a 3L who didn't have a SA this summer. Fuck it.

Return to “Legal Employment”