Help me with my bidding strategy

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help me with my bidding strategy

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:43 pm

I am a transfer to a T-10 school from a T-25 school and have to put together my bid list soon. What range of firms in terms of vault ranking is reasonable? I was top 20% at my old school. Should I focus solely on NY? I'm interested in the West Coast (CA, Seattle, and Denver) but have no ties any of them. Would bids be wasted on there? Also how important are ties for Chicago and Houston. I am interested in firms there and surprisingly like both cities. Should I just be focusing on one or two markets or can I bid in multiple cities as long as it's not with the same firm. Also should I be focusing on higher ranked firms with higher GPA requirements with huge class sizes or less prestigious firms that only take a handful of summers?

I really don't even know where to begin. Any help would be much appreciated. I've read many threads on bidding and still am not sure what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Legal Employment”