Mass. AG's Office : Intern or Employee?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Mass. AG's Office : Intern or Employee?

Postby GreenSage » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm specifically interested in the Public Integrity Division or anything related, but I'd also like to know how competitive positions are and what you need to get accepted for paid or unpaid work.

Sooooo anyone got any insights/tips?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass. AG's Office : Intern or Employee?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Mass AG intern here. It depends on what stage of your career you are at. Full-time paid employees have typically worked elsewhere first (it runs the gamut from private sector to DA's office). There is a fellowship program, and I have heard that they try to find full-time positions for those in the fellowship program (but you can't be too picky on the department). Btw, it's a competitive market... a paralegal position in my department was recently posted, and they received over 100 resumes (including from people with law degrees... in fact, the paralegal in my department has a law degree).

Return to “Legal Employment”