OCS interfering

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCS interfering

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm

My school's OCS has taken it upon itself to get involved with my internship ever since I fucked up and told them where I ended up this summer. It's really annoying and somewhat embarrassing. I just want them to stop. For example, OCS lady called up my supervisor and thanked her for hiring me (WTF grr) and is now requesting an update. Clearly, OCS was excited because of the prestigious place I am working for.

Has anyone else encountered this sort of paternalistic nonsense from their OCS?

nonprofit-prophet

Re: OCS interfering

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My school's OCS has taken it upon itself to get involved with my internship ever since I fucked up and told them where I ended up this summer. It's really annoying and somewhat embarrassing. I just want them to stop. For example, OCS lady called up my supervisor and thanked her for hiring me (WTF grr) and is now requesting an update. Clearly, OCS was excited because of the prestigious place I am working for.

Has anyone else encountered this sort of paternalistic nonsense from their OCS?

They're just trying to set up a good relationship to send kids to the same internship in the future. They probably don't care all that much about getting on your ass. They just want to make sure you're representing the school well. Chill.

IAFG

Re: OCS interfering

Postby IAFG » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm

It's not "interfering" it's relationship-building. One day you may be glad your OCS is so proactive.

Return to “Legal Employment”