Where to go search after V100

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Where to go search after V100

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Hey, top 20% at T30, bidding on all NYC firms. So far I've made a bid list using class size data from NYC firms in the V30-100 range. But I'm unclear how I should approach bidding from here. Any other sources or particular ranging I should be looking in? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Where to go search after V100

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey, top 20% at T30, bidding on all NYC firms. So far I've made a bid list using class size data from NYC firms in the V30-100 range. But I'm unclear how I should approach bidding from here. Any other sources or particular ranging I should be looking in? Thanks.

Amlaw 100 and Amlaw 200. NLJ 250.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey, top 20% at T30, bidding on all NYC firms. So far I've made a bid list using class size data from NYC firms in the V30-100 range. But I'm unclear how I should approach bidding from here. Any other sources or particular ranging I should be looking in? Thanks.

I imagine a lot of this isn't too important since you will be at the mercy of preselects, but other things to consider:

Strengths in practice areas you are interested in (Chambers helps here).
Size of practice areas you are interested in.
Selectivity (e.g. median callback GPA).
Historic offer rates.
Other things you might care about (PPP, partner:associate ratio, how the firm weathered ITE, whether the firm has had bad press, etc).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 am

Where does one find info on median callback GPA? My school does not provide such information on their own databases. Also, what range of the NLJ250/AmLaw should I be bidding in realistically with my GPA?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:Where does one find info on median callback GPA? My school does not provide such information on their own databases. Also, what range of the NLJ250/AmLaw should I be bidding in realistically with my GPA?

NLJ250 is by number of lawyers and AmLaw100 is by revenue so you can't really have a range there.

If your school doesn't give out median callback GPA then you're mostly SoL. You might be able to get that data from another school but that will only give you relative selectivity. But as I said earlier, since you're probably mostly preselect, selectivity isn't that big a deal since it's unlikely that you will be able to waste bids.

Return to “Legal Employment”