Surgery/OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Surgery/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm a rising 2L at Fordham planning on participating in OCI. I have a surgery that I need to take care of by the end of this year, but it is not super urgent. It will likely take a good 1.5 weeks out of my life due to postop pain and medication. When is the soonest I should realistically schedule this, assuming I get callbacks and the like? I was initially thinking mid September, but I fear callbacks will still be going on at that point. Is October safe? I don't want to do it before OCI because that would cut into work time and my summer in general.

Anonymous User

Re: Surgery/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a rising 2L at Fordham planning on participating in OCI. I have a surgery that I need to take care of by the end of this year, but it is not super urgent. It will likely take a good 1.5 weeks out of my life due to postop pain and medication. When is the soonest I should realistically schedule this, assuming I get callbacks and the like? I was initially thinking mid September, but I fear callbacks will still be going on at that point. Is October safe? I don't want to do it before OCI because that would cut into work time and my summer in general.

I had surgery this year over Christmas break, and let me just say that at least in my case, the recovery takes longer than you think. I had orthopedic surgery, and even though I was quickly off pain meds, I was really exhausted and couldn't focus well for 2-3 weeks when it came to studying. I'm just saying in case you do the surgery in the middle of classes... you might find yourself having to catch up from OCI but it will be hard if you feel awful from surgery.

Anonymous User

Re: Surgery/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:18 pm

I had callbacks until Sept. 26

Return to “Legal Employment”