Informational Interview -----> OCI Callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Informational Interview -----> OCI Callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I've been doing a lot of informational interviews (around 15 - kind of slowed down because I'm switching into mass-mail mode). Most of these informational interviews have not produced much other than a nice convo. However, I had one info interview with a partner who seemed very enthusiastic about my resume and we hit it off really well. She told me that I should let her know who my screening interviewer was for OCI so that she could go to bat for me. The problem is that this info interview was a month ago and I'm not sure how to keep up contact with the partner. I don't want to just suddenly e-mail her in late July with my screener's details, as I feel like it would reek of opportunism. Any advice on how to maintain a correspondence in the mean time?

.375 H&H Mag.

New

Re: Informational Interview -----> OCI Callback?

Post by .375 H&H Mag. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Do you have ANY news that you can share from the last month? Shoot her an email update to tell her about:
1) Law review, grades, new job, travel plans in the area, or even an application update
2) Then thank her for her previous advice
3) Then say: I wanted to let you know that I'll be interviewing with your firm with [recruiter] on [date]. I'm very interested in your firm and really looking forward to it. [Bonus]: If you have a few minutes, I would love the opportunity to call and ask you a few questions as I prepare for the interview.
Close.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”