PLEASE HELP - NEED ADVICE

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What should I do?

Stay at BC/BU
40%
Transfer to UVA
40%
Transfer to Northwestern
20%

Total votes: 5

Anonymous User

PLEASE HELP - NEED ADVICE

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't know what to do. I'm top 20% at BC/BU and so far have been accepted as a transfer to UVA and Northwestern. I want to maximize my job opportunities and am looking to work at a large firm in probably a transactional area. I did not make it onto Law Review but did get onto a secondary journal.

In no particular order I would like to work in Boston, New York, Washington D.C., Chicago or San Francisco. I understand depending on where I stay/go, I'll have to focus on one, two or maybe three markets. I am from the east coast so have connections to Boston, New York and D.C. but none really to Chicago, although I like the city and would be happy staying there.

Money is not a huge issue for me but still obviously plays a role. Right now I have close to a half-scholarship where I am and UVA will be a little cheaper than Northwestern b/c of the location.

Can anyone speak to how transfers at UVA or Northwestern do at OCI?

What should I do? I have a few days to decide.

Return to “Legal Employment”