Number of firms at OCI/EIP/etc.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nmcdgt

Number of firms at OCI/EIP/etc.

Postby nmcdgt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Was just curious to see what the selection of firms at other schools' OCI looked like (including interviews that are conducted out of state). My school's early OCI this year had about 30-40 in-state firms, and probably another 50 firms available to apply to out of state. Not sure how many more will be available for the next round. What does it look like for other schools?

top30man

Re: Number of firms at OCI/EIP/etc.

Postby top30man » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Just check the directory at NALP.org. You can see a list of firms that go to the OCI of the law school of your choice. Conversely, you can also see what schools a particular firm goes to for OCI.

nmcdgt

Postby nmcdgt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:17 pm

top30man wrote:Just check the directory at NALP.org. You can see a list of firms that go to the OCI of the law school of your choice. Conversely, you can also see what schools a particular firm goes to for OCI.

Are you talking about nalpdirectory.com? Because I can only see how to search for firms. How do you find OCI lists by law school? Sorry, I'm terrible at using that site apparently.

top30man

Postby top30man » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

nmcdgt wrote:
top30man wrote:Just check the directory at NALP.org. You can see a list of firms that go to the OCI of the law school of your choice. Conversely, you can also see what schools a particular firm goes to for OCI.

Are you talking about nalpdirectory.com? Because I can only see how to search for firms. How do you find OCI lists by law school? Sorry, I'm terrible at using that site apparently.

Go to the advanced search list and there is a section titled "on campus interviews." select the school you want to see. It's imperfect for two main reasons: it lists each branch of a firm as a different recruiter (which can be helpful sometimes but not usually) and it won't capture data from non oci (eg NYC job fairs of whatever else.)

Return to “Legal Employment”